How to add the secondary jvb to main jitsi-server

How to add the secondary jvb to main jitsi-server.

By default jvb is connected as a component to the xmpp server:

The name of the component is jitsi-videobridge.jitmeet.example.com, you may register new component lets say: jvb2.jitmeet.example.com, then you can start the second jvb by adding new param: --subdomain=jvb2 in /etc/jitsi/videobridge/config JVB_OPTS.

When you have two jvbs like that, jicofo will use the least loaded to allocate new conferences there.

The second approach is to use a muc room for registering the jvb instances.
In jvb config you need:

org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.jvb2.HOSTNAME=xmpp-server-ip-address 
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.jvb2.DOMAIN=auth.jitmeet.example.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.jvb2.USERNAME=jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.jvb2.PASSWORD=some_pass
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.jvb2.MUC_JIDS=JvbRoom@internal.jitmeet.example.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.jvb2.MUC=JvbRoom@internal.jitmeet.example.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.jvb2.MUC_NICKNAME=jvb-2
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.jvb2.DISABLE_CERTIFICATE_VERIFICATION=true

And in jicofo config:
org.jitsi.jicofo.BRIDGE_MUC=JvbRoom@internal.jitmeet.example.com

The second approach is to use a muc room for registering the jvb instances.
In jvb config you need ----> this setting need to be done in main server or secondary jvb server

Both. You need to configure both jvbs that way if you will be using the muc room approach.

If i configure the jvbs settings in secondary jvb , i am facing issue with the main server jvb.
And if i the remove the jvb settings in primary server. jitsi portals works fine and i try to voice call, its connects for a second and getting error --> unfortunately something went wrong

I am having my own jitsi server in Sydney region in aws. But person1 from australia and person2 from india tries to have desktop sharing and its works fine for 5 mins. And person1 in australia gets a bandwidth connectivity issue , please help me to rectify and solve the issue.

How can i able to overcome the bandwidth connectivity issue

For bandwidth connectivity issue i am planning to implement, the jitsi architecture.

Please check this link and tell me how to over come this problem.

https://webrtchacks.com/sfu-cascading/jitsi-meet-architecture/

Suggest me any ideas to solve the bandwidth connectivity issue.

Have you tried on meet.jit.si, is it working fine for you?

I’m not sure about the architecture graph you sent is the same but I think you need this: https://jitsi.org/news/new-video-explains-geographical-cascading/
This is how meet.jit.si is working today.
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge/blob/master/doc/octo.md

When you configure jicofo to use the brewery room and you configure jvb to use it, you will see in jicofo logs when it discovers the new bridge.

I suppose you are using the latest versions from stable of the packages.

Yes, i am using jitsi stable version form the latest packages.

Is there any step by step document or video is there to guide us for achieving the secondary jvb or to implement the cascading across the geographical regions

I’ve pasted all the links above.

Setting up Octo (cascaded bridges)

Jitsi Videobridge

org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.BIND_ADDRESS=10.0.0.1 # the address to bind to locally
org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.PUBLIC_ADDRESS=1.2.3.4 # the address to advertise (in case BIND_ADDRESS is not accessible)
org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.BIND_PORT=4096 # the port to bind to
org.jitsi.videobridge.REGION=region1 # the region that the jitsi-videbridge instance is in

To setup octo , we need 4 to 5 jvb in different regions. I am planning to do octo.

In all jvb 's above setting need to done? and what will be the bind address and public address (jitsi-meet server ip) or the jvb server’s ip address.

And in one jvb --> all other jvb ip or domain name to be mentioned or only in jitsi-meet server details to mentioned in all other jvb’s.

BIND_ADDRESS is the local address to bind to, if your jvbs are in the same network (make sure they are) then BIND_ADDRESS and PUBLIC_ADDRESS will be the same, as the other jvbs will be able to access this one. If they are not and the jvb is behind nat you need to set the public address of the jvb and make sure you forward BIND_PORT.

Can you please clarify, I don’t understand what you are asking.

• BIND_ADDRESS and PUBLIC_ADDRESS will be the jitsi-meet server ip address?

• If i am using multiple jvb --> i need to configure all the jvb’s ipaddress or domain name in the main jitsi-meet server.

• If i am using multiple jvb’s --> all jvb’s should have same domain name or different domain name.

No, these are per jvb, where jvb binds, its own server.

No. This is the idea of the muc. You configure just the muc name in jicofo and every participant in the muc is jvb, this is how jicofo finds all available jvbs.

If you are asking about JVB_HOSTNAME=meet.jit.si from /etc/jitsi/videobridge/config, all are with the same name which is the your main domain for the deployment.

Then in BIND_ADDRESS and PUBLIC_ADDRESS -->I need to mention the specific JVB IP address right

Then for second JVB ,BIND_ADDRESS and PUBLIC_ADDRESS --> i need to mention the second JVB IP address right

Yes. and yes, that is correct.

Hi Damecncho,

I have followed this link https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge/blob/master/doc/octo.md for setting up OCTO (cascaded bridges).

Do i need some other settings need to be done?

But i cant able to find the which region it is connected?

But in referral link in the video, i can able to see the connected to which region.I have attached the screenshot from the referral video.

Did you configure jicofo and jitsi-meet as noted in the configuration?
Also make sure your config.js changes based on the region as described in the document.

Yes,from the above octo setup link, I have configured jicofo and jitsi-meet.

I cannot able to understand --> (config.js changes based on the region)

Based on the region we need to create domain name (for example: ap-south-1.domain.com-config.js) or for each jvb we need to create seperate config.js file?

You can always check meet.jit.si as an example. If you open https://meet.jit.si/config.js from Europe you will have:

deploymentInfo: { 
    userRegion: 'eu-west-1'

If you open it from the US you will have:

deploymentInfo: { 
    userRegion: 'us-east-1'

This is one approach. You need to find a way to do it based on the tools you have…

Yes, i can able to see deployment info, but in my config.js file , the deployment info lines are commented.

What i need to do now, can i uncomment the deployment info lines

my url: https://testm.mykensho.com/config.js

Pls check and let me know