How to add second jvb?

We want to scale our current jitsi setup with docker. As far as i know the first step is to add a second or more jvbs. I have already searched the forum, but could not find a full documentation how to do that with the newest mechanism (muc?). Can someone help me with this?

You can just copy the jvb section into some jvb2 section and use new unique values for the port. That should do.

1 Like

Thank´s for the quick reply. We are hosting jitsi (one jvb) with docker on our virtual linux server (8 CPUs, 8GB RAM, enough bandwidth). How many jvbs should we add to to make the server work at its best? Are additional CPUs suitable? How many participants would then be possible?

I think you should be able to use that single server at its capacity. That should yield close to 200 participants depending on your meeting topology I’d say.

1 Like

Our goal is to support 1000 concurrent users (spread on different conferences). How many resources (CPUs, JVBs, …) are necessary for this scenario?

It’s very hard to answer that question, because hardware changes etc. Best is pick your “standard” server, load test it, do the math to 1000.

1 Like

Ok. thanks! But the information that 300 - 400 users are possible with one well-resourced JVB is still up to date? So three JVBs with enough resources should fulfill our requirements?

Maybe. Me personally, I don’t like operating in hypotheticals. Test it and you’ll get your answer.

1 Like

One additional question to that topic. With “load test” you mean Jitsi Torture? So I should simualate the participants and check the CPU and bandwith utilization?

Yep, torture can help with that. Specifically the “malleus” tool.

1 Like