How to add a button to Jitsi [Jitsi-Meet React]

I managed to successfully install and run jitsi-meet as a dev package by following the tutorial shown in: How to build Jitsi Meet from source

Now I’m trying to add a new button to the web interface. I read a bit and it seems its built on react. I tried to follow the instructions given in the following thread.

I modified the following element at react/toolbox/components/web/Toolbox.js in order to add a second help button.

const help = {
            key: 'help',
            Content: HelpButton,
            group: 4
        };

const help2 = {
            key: "Test Help 2",
            Content: HelpButton,
            group: 4
        };

return {
            //MODIFIED TO TEST BUTTONS.
            help2,
            microphone,
            camera,
            profile,
            desktop,
            chat,
            raisehand,
            participants,
            invite,
            tileview,
            toggleCamera,
            videoQuality,
            fullscreen,
            security,
        };
    }

Then I ran the make command. I checked my meet and its still operational but doesn’t display the new button. I also don’t understand how the signals go from there. Where does one code the actions once the button is pressed?

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask or if I should make a new thread but for the sake of continuity will post here. I’m still fiddling with the code and found a thread about how its necessary to modify the folder react/features/components/native/Toolbox.js to add a new button on the web app videoconference system.
But there’s also the react/features/components/web/ folder that holds other buttons. Is that one designed for the web app and native for the Android app or they’re separated for a reason?

For those fighting to understand the Jitsi Architecture, this is a very useful link:

I’m trying to understand the folders and how the project is built in order to add a custom control inside the videoconference at Jitsi-Meet. Will post updates