How many participants in one conference?

Hi all,

we are hosting jitsi with one JVB. Our server has 8 CPUs and 8GB RAM.
How many participants in one conference are approximately possible / recommended?
Thank you very munch for your help!

Best regards

Florian

I think you can safely host roughly around 150-200 participants, assuming you have sufficient bandwidth. With multiple JVBs, you can host up to 500 participants in one conference.

Thank you very much for the quick response! I am excited every time again by the fast support. One additional question: If we host one conference with 200 participants are there some additional conferences possible or is 200 the overall maximum?

Freddie has already told that “With multiple JVBs, you can host up to 500 participants in one conference.” So I think yes, it is pretty much possible.

Sorry, I have expressed myself unclearly. The question was if the 200 participants is the limit for one conference or the overall limit for our setup with one jvb. So if we are hosting one conference with 200 participants, are there some additional conferences possible with one jvb?

1 Like

Going by the specs of your server, that number (an approximation) is for the entire server. So if you have 200 people (give or take) in one meeting, that’s all your server is going to handle.

1 Like

That makes it clear. Thank you so much for your support!