How Jigasi communicates with Prosody specifically and the whole Jitsi system generally?

Hi there,

I’m now going in deeper in Jigasi component. So based on my understanding, without activating Jigasi, participants would be able to join the room with a shared given link. So once Jigasi is activated, dialing in/out feature would be considered as a substitution of the action of “actually clicking on the link”? Is that correct?

Please give me some explanations of how Jigasi communicates with the entire system through Prosody…

Also, I have only tried running it locally on a Ubuntu VM with “docker-meet-jitsi” so I could only try calling a random number, not sure how it looks like if I receive a call?

Jigasi receives a sip call, reads the sip header with the meeting name and connects to it. Joins that muc and handles the xmpp jingle iqs coming from jicofo by establishing the xmpp call and merges the two calls - the sip and the xmpp one. The stream received from the sip side is forwarded to the xmpp side (to the bridge), all the streams received to from the bridge are either decoded, mixed, encoded and sent to the sip side, or are just forwarded to the sip side directly if running in tranlstor mode.

1 Like

It is also possible to use Jigasi as a provider of nearly real-time transcription while a conference is ongoing as well as serving a complete transcription after the conference is over. This can be done by using the SIP dial button and using the URI jitsi_meet_transcribe . Currently Jigasi can send speech-to-text results to the chat of a Jitsi Meet room as either plain text or JSON. If it’s send in JSON, Jitsi Meet will provide subtitles in the left corner of the video, while plain text will just be posted in the chat. Jigasi will also provide a link to where the final, complete transcript will be served when it enters the room.

FaceTime PC

1 Like