How Jicofo configure Signaling messages that is passed to Prosody?

Hi, I am exploring jitsi quite a bit, I know that Prosody is a third-party signaling server which Jitsi is using for XMPP messages, I need to know in Jicofo how signaling message is being created and sent to Prosody for transfer. Is there any way I can get the log for Prosody WebSocket connection for signaling so that if any participants get out of the conference for WebSocket disconnection I can detect it?

Jicofo connects to Prosody as a normal XMPP client. (It used to use an XMPP component connection but this is no longer used in recent versions.)

You can view the XMPP signalling easily in a browser by opening the Network tab of Developer Tools and clicking on the xmpp-websocket connection. Most browsers will show the WebSocket messages which are just normal XMPP stanzas.

If you need to run some code on WebSocket disconnection you can hook the JitsiMeetJS.events.connection.CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED event in lib-jitsi-meet on the client side, or write a Prosody plugin if you need to do it server-side.

1 Like