How does Jibri connected to jitsi from external/separate server

Thanks a lot for this jitsi community, a great solution for whom want to have video conference with secured way.

How does this jibri started to connect once the stream/recording is started. Say I have jitsi/jibri on the same server and here the streaming looks like connected via the hidden domains auth.jitsi.example.com and recorder.jitsi.example.com. But if I have jibri on separate server these domains do not resolve in actual, yet how it is possible to connect the jibri instance and do the recordings/streaming.

VirtualHost "recorder.jitsi.example.com"
modules_enabled = {
"ping";
}
authentication = "internal_plain"

I might be asking silly question, but this simple concept I’m not able to understand.

If jitsi.example.com is resolvable, it’s OK.
TCP/5222 should be accessable from the Jibri server.

I’m very sorry. Yet, bit confused.

Say, Server A Jitsi hosted with public IP : 101.xx.xx.xx and Server B JIbri is hosted whose public IP: 102.xx.xx.xx and in jibri server port tcp/5222 is opened.

During the conference call when we hit the stream/record from server A, how does jitsi figure out the server B is configured to achieve the same.

Not Jibri… TCP/5222 is opened on the Jitsi side.

102.x.x.x announces its presence via logging into auth and recorder as defined ion jibri in /jibri/config.json with user data defined in Prosodyctl on Jitsi meet server. As long as 102.x.x.x can resolve the Jitsi server and connect via port 5222, it will work. Each jibri instance needs to be defined by its own nickname, and unique jibriX and recorderX with passwords to match on Jitsi Prosody and the jibri/config.json. I was confused by all of this when I set up my own instances.
Norbert

1 Like