How do I configure a video SIP gateway in a docker-compose setup?

Hi all!

I have trouble setting up a video SIP gateway in my docker-compose setup.

As far as I understand, videocalls via jigasi are not possible, but instead, the jibri module can be used, right?

Now if I follow the the documentation on Configuring a video SIP gateway, I have the issue that I don’t know how to set the required configurations.

For example, it is mentioned that I need to set enableUserRolesBasedOnToken: true in config.js, however, I do all the configuration via the .env file. Which variables would need to be set there, and how?
The jicofo/sip-communicator.properties file mentioned in the docs (and also in the jibri README) is not even generated.

Do I need a jigasi container running when I want to use a video SIP gateway via jibri, or is it enough if I just set the JIGASI_ variables in .env?

Is there any documentation on how to setup a video SIP gateway with docker-compose? I couldn’t find anything in this regards, except the official documentation which, unfortunately, doesn’t cover video SIP gateways.

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Does no one have any ideas?

Last try. @damencho is there anywhere you can point me where I can find more information on this topic?

Nope, there is no such doc. We want to improve the docs for sip jibri, but we lack resources to do so at the moment, sorry.

@damencho thanks for clarification!

Do you maybe have an answer to my question from above:

Do I need a jigasi container running when I want to use a video SIP gateway via jibri, or is it enough if I just set the JIGASI_ variables in .env ?

Thank you!

You don’t need jigasi if you want sip jibri.