How can I remove raise-hand feature in web app?

I want to remove raise-hand functionality from the jitsi web app (because my business case don’t need it)? I have already looked into the react code in jitsi-meet but can’t figure out the way to do it because I don’t know how that icon is rendered and where it is located.

Can someone please help me understand the structure & basic flow of their react code so I can enable, disable functionality based on my requirements. Of course, I don’t want to create the UI from the scratch, I just want to edit the styles and disable few components?

Remove raisedhand in toolbar section from interface_config.js

Restart services and delete cache from browser

why ?

I did the changes in interface_config.js on my local version but I still don’t see it getting reflected in UI.

I am using docker-meet-jitsi and mounted /path/to/local/jitsi-meet to /usr/share/jitsi-meet under web services in docker-compose.yml.

I can verify that inside docker container, interface_config.js doesn’t have “raise hand” but I still see in the UI. Note that I have cleared the cache as well.

your local dev using config.js and interface_config.js from alpha.meet.jit.si by default unless you specify url in env to get those from.

on installation, it is server-side-include (ssi)-ed from… forget where, somewhere in etc/jitsi not /usr/lib/jitsi. because it is ssi-ed on every request, i dont thing we need to restart the service/container, cmiiw. related to this, if you customize and rebuild the web, versioning the assets is enough for browser to redownload. eg. by editing index.html and adding ?ver= to js bundle.

I have public URL as https://local_ip in the .env. I don’t see “jitsi” folder inside /etc so I am not sure if that is the right path. Maybe being specific would help.

The issue is still the same. In my docker container I see interface_config.js without “raisehand” in TOOLBAR_BUTTONS.

PS - I am using the docker-meet-jitsi

I figured it out. For the docker-meet-jitsi, changing the web/interface_config inside the CONFIG_DIR (mentioned in docker-compose.yml) did the work. I wish this was documented better - could have saved me a day.