How can I change the default screen sharing frame rate?

Is there anyway to change the default screen sharing frame rate for all users? Currently when any user enters a room on my server the screen sharing frame rate is always 5 fps. I can change it to 30 fps in Settings / More, but it’s inconvenient to have to do it every time, especially for us forgetful folk.

I tried adding config.desktopSharingFrameRate = { min: 30, max: 30 }; to config.js but it didn’t have any effect.

Is there anything else I can try?

You don’t need to call it with config, since you’re making the change in config.js. So, just uncomment these lines and set as follows in your config.js:

desktopSharingFrameRate: {
         min: 30,
         max: 30
     },

Well it’s six and one half dozen of the other, either way it’s setting the value of config’s property in config.js.

I’m actually using docker-jitsi-meet, so the value doesn’t get set directly in config.js but rather in an env file.

Nonetheless, setting min and max frame rate has no effect on the “desktop sharing frame rate” setting. It still defaults to 5 fps. Also, I don’t want to force all users to have desktop sharing always be 30 fps because there could be times when 5 or 15 fps is more desirable. I just want it to default to 30 fps since that’s what we’ll be using 98% of the time.