Hosting conference better on Meet or Bridge?

Hi all

We are due to host a call for over 60 and last time I hosted a call for 8 it kept crashing - is it better to host a call using Bridge or Meet and is it better on laptop than iPad, and Chrome is the best for stability?

Should we download the server version - it’s all a bit unclear in the info.

I just don’t want any crashing or dropping this time.

Thanks
Camille

We are due to host a call for over 60

Could be tricky — 35 is the suggested maximum, with a hard cap at 75 (if you are talking about using meet.jit.si).

So it might work, or it might struggle.

should we download the server version - it’s all a bit unclear in the info.

If you want to run your own version of meet.jit.si, yes. I don’t think that’s what you want to do, but I might have misunderstood.

Hi Neil

We want to host a community meet-up online and we have hundreds in our community, but so far 55 have signed up - for Thursday.

So what do you suggest we do to make this video meet-up more stable - is there another Jitsi project that would better support this, like Bridge? Or our own server of Meet?

Can you advise ?

Camille

jitsi-meet and jitsi-videobridge work together.

You could try hosting your own server (instructions here: jitsi-meet/quick-install.md at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub), but if you’re not used to hosting Linux applications, and if you don’t have a good server with a very fast Internet connection, I doubt this is the path for you.

Sadly, I don’t have a “good” answer.