High cpu usage by jvb

Hello

I have jitsi server installed on a debian VM with 8 cores and 8 GB of RAM

The problem is that when I use top, it shows me a high use of cpu by jvb

I have added in /etc/jitsi/videobrigde/sip-comunitator.properties the following:

org.jitsi.videobridge.DISABLE_TCP_HARVESTER = true

I have rebooted the VM and cpu usage by jvb is still above 150%

Is there any way to reduce CPU usage by jvb?

Seems you have 40% of steal time which seems suspicious to me.

What do you mean by that?

I don’t understand, excuse me

The 40 st from the top command if I’m not mistaken

Hello,

Fixed CPU theft, I am still with JVB’s high CPU usage issue.

jvb

Any solution to this?

Greetings and thanks.

is there a problem ? if you have more than 4 execution threads your system is not really loaded (4.88 load at the 5 minutes level). Since you did not hit ‘1’ before taking your screen capture it’s not easy to say. In your first screen capture the max load was not even above 1.5.
Looking at a public Grafana, I see for a 8 Cpu system 40% load for about 100 users in 10 rooms and a system load at 4-5. Your numbers seem in the same range at first glance. Since the Grafana gives a lot more info than your top, it’s easy to see that it means a whopping 2K video streams that needs to be handled. Maybe investigating lastN setting could be an idea.

Hi.
I have the same issue just updateit jitsi…

regards
Sveinn

And another server with noone in any rooms

I am also experiencing this issue on a bare jitsi meet install (Ubuntu 18.04, jitsi-meet 2.0.4546-1/jicofo 1.0-566-1) with no connected clients.

I’m also experiencing similar issues where I didnt before on 2cores and 4gb ram

Same here, with todays update (running Debian 10) with version 1.0-566-1 the process seems to be looping @ 100%, constantly. That does not look right.

Kind regards, mistersixt.

[edit: Downgraded to version “jicofo_1.0-549-1_all.deb”, and the 100% CPU load is gone again[/edit]

This is fixed and update was pushed to stable.

1 Like