High battery use on Android and iOS devices

I don’t know if this is an issue with my server configuration or if it’s a “Jitsi Meet” app issue, but I’ve noticed that my device’s all seem to lose a lot of battery during/after a conference, even with as little as 2 people.

We just had a 4 person conference and my battery went from 100% to around 40% in 11 minutes, and the device itself became hot to touch.

In /etc/jitsi/meet/mydomain-config.js, I’ve got “resolution” and “constrants -> video -> height -> ideal/max” all set to 480, so I don’t think that’s the issue.

Is high battery use a common problem or is it likely my server configuration? If it’s the latter, any suggestions?

EDIT: I just tested on the meet.jit.si server. One user in the room is fine. As soon as I tested with two users in the room (one Android and one iOS), battery drained quickly. Seems like it’s a problem with the apps.

I also got the same point when I was having a meeting with my friend at Jitsi. It seems that the battery consumption is much higher than when holding a meeting with Zoom, and the battery capacity did not recover at all even when using while charging the smartphone.
I am very interested in this topic.
Please let me know if there are any measures.