Hide Jitsi Logo in self host

Why am I not able to hide Jitsi Logo even though I am self hosting in Docker server?

interfaceConfigOverwrite: {
                    noSsl: true,
                    SHOW_JITSI_WATERMARK: false,
                    HIDE_DEEP_LINKING_LOGO: true,
                    SHOW_DEEP_LINKING_IMAGE: false,
                    SHOW_BRAND_WATERMARK: false,
                    SHOW_WATERMARK_FOR_GUESTS: false,
                    SHOW_POWERED_BY: false,
                    SHOW_PROMOTIONAL_CLOSE_PAGE: true,
                    SHOW_CHROME_EXTENSION_BANNER: false,
                    TOOLBAR_BUTTONS: [
                        'microphone', 'camera', 'closedcaptions', 'desktop', 'fullscreen',
                        'fodeviceselection', 'hangup', 'profile', 'chat', 'recording',
                        'livestreaming', 'etherpad', 'sharedvideo', 'settings', 'raisehand',
                        'videoquality', 'filmstrip', 'feedback', 'stats', 'shortcuts',
                        'tileview'
                    ],
                }

You cannot override through the iframeAPI, you can do it in the deployment config file.

@damencho I even edited my interface_config.js file but there was no change. Is it because I am using docker?
Do I have to make a build for it?

If I remember correctly docker is overwriting files on startup. You need new image.

It does override the files, however docker installation per the docs supports custom files that override the default configs.

I will create those custom files but how do I link it to my docker?

I never tried it but I think you have to create them in the .jitsi-meet-cfg/web folder and it will automatically work since the config folder is already mounted to the container.

I did try but unfortunately did not work. I feel it takes config.js and interface_config.js from online and not from my .jitsi-meet-cfg\web folder. Either that or docker image overrides the settings.

Any answer on this yet? I have tried using custom config files but I am still not able to change the logo.

How exactly do your custom files look? I wasn’t able to test it before but I tested it today and the custom-interface_config.js file has to look like this for example:

interfaceConfig.SHOW_JITSI_WATERMARK = false;

This is the only way it will work.

Yes I made it to work :slight_smile: There was a problem with my docker somehow. I re-installed and re-cloned jitsi again and then altering custom-interface_config.js file worked :slight_smile:
Weird since I do not know why it did not happen at first place.

Great to hear.

1 Like

I have actually moved to another issue. I have posted it as a question here - Customize toolbar images

If you have any information on this, kindly reply there. Thank you :slight_smile: