Hide FIlmstrip on Streaming & Recording

I’ve searched through the forum and have not really found the answer i’m looking for.

I can hide the filmstrip on my end, but it shows up on the youtube stream & also on the recorded file.

Is there a way to hide this on that end too?

I know there is a suggestion to use “Follow Me” & PINing feature, but thats not possible in an interview scenario.

Looking for ideas

thanks

@saghul
… Any ideas as to how to make this happen?

From my understanding, if the moderator sets FollowMe and then hides the filmstrip, the recording won’t contain the filmstrip. Can you elaborate on what you try to achieve thats not possible using the FollowMe setting?

1 Like

The FollowMe doesnt work for me.

I have a meeting of 4-5 people that i use to stream on Youtube. The followme locks the video (PIN) on 1 person and doesnt switch automatically to the “speaker”

I kinda want what it does, but also give me the flexibility to hide the filmstrip

Hope i’ve explained my needs

What you want is not currently possible. The way to command the recorder is to allow Follow Me, but then the recorder will behave exactly as you do, by pinning or unpinning as you do.

Thanks

Can you please point me where the filmstrip shows up in the code.

A dumb ideas, but maybe, cani change the size of the filmstrip boxes to 1px X 1px instead of removing them?

This way it’s there but not really showing up?

I have hidden the filmstrip by default by calling
APP.store.dispatch(setFilmstripVisible(false));
inside modules/UI/UI.js UI.start = function() {

like this:

such a modification makes the right side filmstrip start hidden for all users and jibri

Thanks, will give it a shot. Does this hide in both tile & full screen mode?

yes this is how my default fullscreen “with right filmstrip hidden” mode look using my minimal yoga-instructor userinterface : Note that you can still make the right side filmstrip re-apprear by pressing the small “<” button.

and tile view looks like tile view:

so i guess i need to build on my own for this to work?

if so, i gotta to learn how to do that :yum:

First you use git to clone the git jitsi-meet sourcecode.
For build instructions the jisti-meet development guide is your friend: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/development.md

When you have compiled your own user interface then you can change the nginx configuration file in
/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/yourjitsidomain.com
to use the root folder where you have built your own user-interface instead of the default /usr/share/jisti-meet/
By doing so makes your customized user interface stay the same even if you update the jitsi debian packages on the server.

1 Like

can i build it in a separate machine and copy it over?

yes, after you have built the files then you can copy it over to the server, it is only static files.

sorry to be a bother, what files do i need to copy over?

you can copy over the whole git jitsi-meet folder to /usr/share/jitsi-meet

the built files are located in
jitsi-meet/libs
jitsi-meet/css
jitsi-meet/images
jitsi-meet/interface_config.js

thanks

maybe i gitclone your fork & build it :yum:

1 Like