Help with compiling jibri

I need to add some chromedriver flag things to jibri to make it not die when trying to run due to something involving chrome exiting abnormally (hopefully gets fixed sometime) but I have no idea how to compile it at all. Can somebody help me since compiling it does not seem to be documented anywhere?
Thank you in advance.

I’ve been able to do that. Once you’ve cloned the project, you can set the chrome flags inside the src/main/resources/reference.conf file in the section named chrome, just add your flags inside the flags array.

then from the jibri root directory:
mvn package -DskipTests -Dassembly.skipAssembly=false

you’ll end with a new target directory, inside it will be a jibri jar file with ‘SNAPSHOT’ Once you have it, you’ll need to setup a config.json file with your enviroment setup, you can take as a base the file doc/example_xmpp_envs.conf in the jibri project root

once you’ve done that, yolu can run jibri by typing (from the target directory):

java -jar jibri-8.0-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar --config path_to_your_config.json

(in my case, jibri version is 8.0, adjust the command to your jar file).

Thank you so much! I now can almost record. Sadly, I now get some kind of error with ffmpeg crashing, and jibri isnt writing logs either for some reason. If you or anyone else can figure out what is going on, I would be very happy.

Good to know that you’re almost there. Jibri needs some libraries and packages in order to work. you need to have installed default-jre-headless, ffmpeg, alsa-utils, icewm, xdotool, xserver-xorg-input-void, xserver-xorg-video-dummy or their equivalent (i have installed jitsi on some red hat and centos servers, a couple packages are a bit different on them). Would be helpful to know which error are you seeing on ffmpeg. Also if you can share which distribution are you using, maybe someone that has already made it run could help.

Also, how are you running jibri? I usually do:
java -jar jibri-8.0-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar --config path_to_config.json > /var/log/jibri.log 2>&1 &

that way, i recover the console control instantly, and then, by running:

tail -f /var/log/jibri.log

i’m able to see the jibri log including errors.

EDIT:
I checked a script I wrote in order to start all jitsi services, about jibri, you also need to run prior to calling the jibri jar:

Xorg -nocursor -noreset +extension RANDR +extension RENDER -logfile /var/log/xorg.log -config /path_to_jibri_clone/resources/debian-package/etc/jitsi/jibri/xorg-video-dummy.conf :0 2>&1 &

(the output redirection works the same way that when running jibri, just tail -f /var/log/xorg.log to see the log)

followed by
icewm-session

(those last two, are only needed to run once, not every time you attempt to run jibri).

so, the correct order should be:

Xorg command
icewm-session
start jibri command

also, inside the xorg-video-dummy.conf file, you’ll find some useful stuff if you want to modify the resulting video files (usually no need to do anything over there).

Hope that helps