Help to start with the lib-jitsi-meet.js library in html

Hello,
I am a beginner with the lib-jitsi-meet.js library. I would like to have, please, help to start. I tried this example

https://github.com/jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/example/example.js,

but I can not create rooms and connect. Please, need help

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new to the library too. Can someone help me with a practical example, please?

Hi,

Did either of you find a solution?

It works for me using the “beta” servers. You can get the “beta” options here: https://beta.meet.jit.si/config.js

I wonder if we are supposed to be able to connect to the production servers.

It is frustrating that there is no answer that is capable of solving this question. I am days trying to understand and use the API but I can’t. It is very frustrating. The documentation lacks basic information, such as prerequisites.

1 Like

I created this POC when I was trying to figure out how to use the api in a react app. I documented my findings in the read me. I hope this helps anyone who is trying to use the low level API.

3 Likes

Hi,
I’m trying to run telimed-master example by command “npm start” but it showing error in browser.
@fpw23 Kindly help me to solve this.
error:
TypeError: Unable to get property ‘init’ of undefined or null reference

Resolved by using updated lib-jitsi-meet.js file

This is a fantastic help. Been trying to make heads or tails of the core of lib-jitsi-meet. Thanks for your time, research, and documentation on this!

Thanks for the help man, I’m trying to make it work in Angular 8 and your post clarified some thoughts

Hey @Andre_Pereira m trying to do the same, but have some issues. I’ve managed to load remoteTracks on my angular app. I’ve setup my own jitsi server hosted on digitalocean.

• First issue is when i try to open in on Mobie browser IOS chrome, it doesn’t load any video.
  • Also not sure how to check, whose the moderator?. i want to show the moderator on the big area.
  • perhaps the major error is that when i try to connect 2 different users the event TRACK_ADDED doesn’t get fired. But on the main server the room is created.
    For eg. I create a new room at meet.mydomain.com.
    I try to join that room via my local application(angular) using lib-jitsi-meet.
    -After joining succesfuly, at “meet.mydomain.com” i can see the new guest added (his video doesn’t come, even if i enable video-cam and grant permissions)
    When i open another instance on differnt browser, the event TRACK_ADDED doesnt get fired. Only goes till USER_JOINED event. An in console get this message:
Halt: There are no SSRC groups in the remote description.

@damencho The above console message only comes when i use angular. I have another basic HTML/JS template, it works fine there. Any idea why the issue is there in angular?

any idea how on the above. Also in know lib-jitsi-meet is not a trivial task, what are things i must take care of, while implementing custom-layout lib-jitsi-meet.
Many Thanks

1 Like

Hi, how did you exactly achieve that?

I took the lib-jitsi-meet.min.js and lib-jitsi-meet.min.map from lib-jitsi-meet repository, updated the tag script in the html but still getting

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'

this time in lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:1

I am not very practical with this kind of stuff, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You are amazing man! Thanks for your time!

Now I’m able to create a room and user the listeners too

but when I try to connect others instances in some seconds I get an error.

It is some thing like this

VM138 lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:10 2020-09-21T13:32:41.095Z [JitsiMeetJS.js] <Object.getGlobalOnErrorHandler>: UnhandledError: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘connectionTimes’ of null Script: https://mydomain/libs/lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=4127 Line: 10 Column: 182753 StackTrace: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘connectionTimes’ of null
at se.getConnectionTimes (VM138 lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:10)
at h._playCallback (VM138 lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:10)
s @ VM138 lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:10
getGlobalOnErrorHandler @ VM138 lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:17
window.onerror @ VM142 app.bundle.min.js:1
error (async)
(anonymous) @ VM142 app.bundle.min.js:1

Check for more errors before the one you pasted. Do you see any other?

Were you able to resolve this error? I checked out the lib-jitsi-meet from github, installed it and then updated the lib-jitsi-meet.js file. But am still facing this error.

It works fine using https://meet.jit.si/libs/lib-jitsi-meet.min.js, but not if I build lib-jitsi-meet with npm install and then copy the generated lib-jitsi-meet.min.js file.
Let me know if you find a solution.

1 Like

How did you do that??
Can you please explain!!

Hi, this seems great but to this day, your live example does not work nor does the version cloned from github. I suppose there is a problem with jitsi? Or am i missing some configurations?
Thanks

Sorry, the server hosting the sample is gone. There is an issue in the repo about beta.meet.jit.si no longer working so you can try changing that here. I have moved on to another project so my jitsi knowledge is not up to date but if you need any help start an issue on github and I will see what I can remember.