Having to restart jigasi service

Anyone else running into an issue where they are having to restart the jigasi service after a few hours? Got all the dial in working great but after a while, when you call in, there is no audio. If I restart the jigasi service, all is well again for a couple hours.
Thank you much.

Maybe if you share logs it would be easily understandable the problem :blush:

Fair point. :grin:. I wasn’t sure there would be a useful log for it.
Next time it craps the bed, I’ll run a few test calls and share the logs.

yeah, it’s a lot better to share log

I am also seeing this problem - I am using jigasi to join video calls to audio recording software. After a few hours, jigasi stops answering my INVITE’s. It seems to works great for about an hour, or if I start up around 10 separate video rooms, and then a jigasi service restart is required before it will answer my INVITE’s at all.

I see a TON of these messages from a problematic timeframe.

2020-04-03 22:19:01.425 SEVERE: [544] org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.RTPConnectorOutputStream.log() Failed to send a packet to target /10.17.0.5:10000:java.io.IOException: No active socket.
2020-04-03 22:19:03.050 SEVERE: [2068] org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.RTPConnectorOutputStream.log() Failed to send a packet to target /10.17.0.5:10000:java.io.IOException: No active socket.

(the 10.17 address is an internal one)

the remainder of the output can be seen here: https://pastebin.com/mYACFZzg (filtering out the ‘No active socket’ messages, which is just over 96% of the output)

note, i changed the actual domain to ‘example.com’ in the logs above

EDIT: I will point out that the call recording software lives on the same machine as jigasi+jitsi, and hence ALL SIP + related RTP traffic happens over local interfaces. I.e. there isnt any potential for NAT problems in the SIP communications. Running on Debian Buster, standard install per the quick install guidelines

Also, here is an sngrep trace of a call that goes unanswered. The Jitsi-Conference-Room header was indeed an existing room. Separate post as the forums only let noobies do 1 link per post…

Just an update for anyone who finds this thread - we appear to have fixed this problem by downgrading jigasi to 1.0-235

2 Likes

So far, so good. I’ve downgraded to 1.0-235 and have not had to restart anymore.
Thank you much trdenton!

End of business and still working. Downgrade was the way to go. Thank you again.