Hangup redirect ( self-hosted )

Hello,
i am using self-hosted jitsi.

I have set
enableClosePage: false, on config.js
And
SHOW_PROMOTIONAL_CLOSE_PAGE: false, on nterface_config.js
however when I leave the room I am redirected to the home page,
I want to block the redirect and stay on the same page, what should I do?

I would also like to know how to use
CLOSE_PAGE_GUEST_HINT: false, / A html text to be shown to guests on the close page, false disables it
I tried to set it to true but no html text is displayed and also in this case I am redirected to the home page.
How can I stay on the same page and view the html text?

Thank you for help !

If you want to customise what users see when they leave a room, the easiest would be to set enableClosePage: true. With that enabled, users will be shown the contents of /usr/share/jitsi-meet/static/close2.html after they leave a room.

You then can modify close2.html to suit your needs.

I’ve never used that before, but I believe you’re meant to specify some text (not true) there and that message will be shown instead of the auto-generated hints on close2.html. This saves you having to modify close2.html if you simply want to add a custom message to the close page.

I tried to do it, but no work, I am still redirect to the front-end after a second

What did you try?

Did you set enableClosePage: true in /etc/jitsi/meet/config.js? Do you see the change when you load https://YOUR.MEET.DOMAIN/config.js?

Yes I have set enableclosepage to true, yes I sse the change, but no work, still redirect me to the front page

No idea why it doesn’t work for you. It works when I test on my deployment.

Are you by any chance using a customised UI?

What version of Jitsi are you using?

these are the versions i am using
jitsi-meet 2.0.7001-1
jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.5913-1
jitsi-meet-turnserver 1.0.5913-1
jitsi-meet-web 1.0.5913-1
jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.5913-1
jitsi-videobridge2 2.1-634-gff8609ad-1

NO

I tried this solution
enableClosePage: true.
edited the /usr/share/jitsi-meet/static/close2.html

I tried also this solution
enableClosePage: true,
SHOW_PROMOTIONAL_CLOSE_PAGE: true,
edited the /usr/share/jitsi-meet/static/close2.html
edited the /usr/share/jitsi-meet/static/close3.html

But none of these solutions worked.
It is very frustrating as I bought a VPS and used self-hosted specifically to be able to edit this, before I was just using i-frame.
It is highly appreciated if anyone can help me solve the problem. Thanks

I’m afraid I have no idea what could the problem from just your description.

Is your host publicly accessible? If you PM me the URL (and temp credentials if it needs login) I’m happy to have a quick look to see what could be the problem. Not sure how else to help, sorry.

did you try to clean the browser’s cache ? In some cases it’s not enough to hit Ctrl F5, you have to go to the browser’s options and explicitly clean it.

of course obvious :slight_smile:

Thank you but I prefer not to log in to my hosting.

Since I use Jitsi to create rooms and use them with i-frames on some websites managed by me I don’t need to use the front-end, so I was thinking of solving the problem by completely editing the front-end page.
Can you show me the path to edit it? I can not find
Also I would like to ask, if I edit it and empty it completely by creating just a blank page will the rooms created with i-frame still work?

Sorry, I just meant visit your meet site through browser, not SSH. But either way, “no” is perfectly acceptable and reasonable answer. No worries.

Changing the main page is not as simple as just blanking out a file I’m afraid since that’s all dynamically generated.

enableClosePage: true is the simplest solution and really should work since that’s exactly what I do in my deployments.

If you really can’t get that to work, and if you always use iFrame, then a workaround might be to listen for readyToClose event and redirect to some other static page.