Handbook or guide for ACLs or passwords for jitsi-meet start page

Jitsi-meet was easy to set up but I am wondering about documentation. The default seems to be to allow anyone to add sessions or join them. I’d like to read up on how to allow only invited teams to be able to start new sessions. Perhaps there is some documentation about access control lists or something. Where should I look?

1 Like

Thanks. I noticed that file before but where would the documentation for that be found?

$ man jicofo
No manual entry for jicofo
$ man jicofo.conf
No manual entry for jicofo.conf
$ apropos jicofo
jicofo: nothing appropriate.

Is there something online somewhere either as an indexed web page or interactive javascripty thing like this place? I see this page: https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo
and already followed the instructions there to add

authentication = "internal_plain"

to the lua file for the site in /etc/prosody/conf.avail/ and then restarted the videobridge service

$ sudo systemctl restart jitsi-videobridge

However, that change appears to have no effect on who can add new meetings or see established ones.

I’m not sure if it makes a difference but I have it listening on another port since 443 is already in use:

/etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties:
org.jitsi.videobridge.rest.jetty.port=2020
org.jitsi.videobridge.rest.jetty.tls.port=2020
org.jitsi.videobridge.TCP_HARVESTER_PORT=2020

Would that make a difference and inhibit putting the ability to start new meetings behind a password?

If you are changing prosody config, you need to restart prosody.

Yes, that has been restarted. The new ports are in effect but there is no barrier to adding new meetings. As mentioned, I am looking for a way to limit access to the ability to create new meetings and the addition of the “internal_plain” setting to the jicofo configuration script has no effect.