I made a step-by-step guide on setting up Jigasi and connecting it to Voximplant. This provides the same functionality as what the Jitsi team uses on meet.jit.si and is based on that current configuration. The functionality includes:
- Inbound dailing into Jitsi Meet with conference ID mapping and passcode support
- Outbound dialing from Jitsi Meet to a PSTN phone number (not currently used on meet.jit.si)
- In call mute control for phone participants using *6
See the full guide for details, but at a high-level the steps include:
- Installing Jigasi
- Buying a number from Voximplant
- Configuring serverless functions inside Voximplant using the code provided
- Setting up a basic Phone Number list REST endpoint (this can be very quick)
- How to reuse the meet.jit.si Phone Number to conference bridge ID mapper service provided by the Jitsi team
- Configuring Jigasi to work with Voximplant
- Adding the calling UI elements to Jitsi Meet
Many thanks to @damencho for his help reviewing and answering my many questions.
I am sure there will be many questions on this, so I will try to answer them with the help of the community here.