GSOC Program - Initial thoughts on Cast Jitsi meetings to a TV

Hi @saghul,

I am Nicole Du, an MCS student at Rice university. I love the work you did on the user-friendly, clever features and the embedded design. The experience of adding various functions to such a great project must be interesting and exciting. For all the ideas provided this year, I am especially interested in Cast Jitsi meetings to a TV.

Here I have two questions regarding this idea:

1. Would the casting function be realized on both Jitsi Desktop and Jitsi meeting (contained browser and android, ios app)?
  2. I would like to use Google Cast SDK for the meeting situation, but would miracast way also be essential to add? Any suggestions for the choice of cast tools would be greatly appreciated.

I would love to further discuss my initial thoughts on the GSOC Jitsi program via email: yd39@rice.edu. Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Nicole Du
yd39@rice.edu

Hi Nicole!

Thanks for your interest in our project!

The Jitsi desktop app is basically Electron, so the web part should cover both. Mobile would also ideally be in the scope yes.

The first target would be to support Google Cast. WHile not on the scope, thinking about other casting solutions as future additions during the feature design would be a good idea.

Cheers,

Thanks for your quick response!