Got dpkg Error after uninstalling and reinstalling Jitsi-Meet

First, I need t reinstall Jitsi because I have the Comodo SSL certificates, so please don’t reinstall Jitsi for me.

Second, If resetting the server is the quickest way to get back up and running, then reset the server and I will install Jitsi with the comodo SSL certificates.

Now to the problem.

I was trying to quickly uninstall and reinstall Jitsi, and upon attempting to uninstall I got an error similar to the following.

E:: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg), is another process using it?

So I followed the trouble shooting procedure here: https://www.tecmint.com/fix-unable-to-lock-the-administration-directory-var-lib-dpkg-lock/ to get the file unlocked and dpkg restored, but evidently not everything went OK. I was able to uninstall Jitsi, but got the following error when subsequently attempting to reinstall jitsi-meet and jitsi-meet.prosody.

Setting up jitsi-meet-web (1.0.4370-1) …
Setting up jitsi-meet-prosody (1.0.4370-1) …
The config file is not readable by the ‘prosody’ user.
Prosody will not be able to read it.
Error was /etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua: Permission denied
dpkg: error processing package jitsi-meet-prosody (–configure):
installed jitsi-meet-prosody package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Setting up jicofo (1.0-626-1) …
useradd: warning: the home directory already exists.
Not copying any file from skel directory into it.
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of jitsi-meet:
jitsi-meet depends on jitsi-meet-prosody (= 1.0.4370-1); however:
Package jitsi-meet-prosody is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package jitsi-meet (–configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-21) …
Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10.42) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
jitsi-meet-prosody
jitsi-meet
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Any ideas? is it file ownership? I was installing as sudo -s root, should I be installing as regular user?

I want to resolve this in the quickest way possible. if resetting the server is the quickest way to do this, then I let me know and U will do that.

I just rebuilt the entire server and started over, making sure that every single service that Jitsi recommended was installed and that ownership of every folder and file was owned as Jitsi recommended.

Jitsi then installed without error, without warning.

My suggestion to everyone is to make sure that the server is set up correctly the first time before attempting to install Jitsi, because it there are errors or warnings, they are difficult and time consuming to correct after installation.