Full source code of android and IOS app

I would like to use Jitsi android and ios app, i tried setting that up for myself and its working fine.

But i want to change the design of app like the call connected screen.

When i looked into code i found its working by SDK’s. and i cant make changes in it.

So is there anything i can do to make changes in that screens. Also is there any full source code available.

Please suggest

u can rebuild the android sdk and ios framework. docs for android and ios and the full source
If you want to change UI here is a starting point for you. anything with .native.js belongs to mobile platform. hope this helps…

Hi Tanvir,

Thanks a lot for you reply.

Android and ios sdk are built in react, right? Is there any ios and android native code for that?

There is some native code had you checked the links above, there are android and ios subfolders?

Yes i checked that, the demo app is in native but when we check code the sdk there is in react js.

And for making any changes in that we need to recompile the code on linux or mac.

And when we are compiling on windows its giving error

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ‘:app:runDebugReactPackager’.
A problem occurred starting process ‘command ‘scripts/run-packager.sh’’

u can’t use windows to compile…it wont work…must use linux or mac

Okay thanks Tanvir. Also Tanvir can you help me with one thing

I tried setting up Jitsi meet on my server https://jitsimeet.wespher.com/

But when i create room it gives me 404 error.

Can you help in this

hard to tell…are you using nginx or apache? can u post the config file here?

Well i dont propely know how to setup the server.

I am using centos7 server.

And there is no proper instructions for its setup.

So i tried the manual installation process but cant understand much over there.

If you dont properly know how to setup the server, then u shouldn’t try using manual installation guide…try this following steps,

1. Wipe out CentOS server.
  2. Install Ubuntu 16.04 in ur test server.
  3. Point ur domain to your server IP.
  4. Install jitsi-meet using quick setup guide.
  5. Open firewall port udp 10000
  6. Test creating room.

I do not hate red hat but No point wasting days on installation using other OS, when everything is provided out of the box in ubuntu, which takes only 20 mins. Especially when you are a beginner. They even have a VIDEO TUTORIAL!!!.

If you still have problem feel free to ask…:smiley:

From manual installation i completed steps till " Install nginx" and my configration file is like this

server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;

server {
listen 443;
# tls configuration that is not covered in this guide
# we recommend the use of https://certbot.eff.org/
server_name jitsi.wespher.com;
# set the root
root /srv/jitsi.wespher.com;
index index.html;
location ~ ^/([a-zA-Z0-9=?]+) { rewrite ^/(.*) / break;
}
location / {
ssi on;
}
# BOSH, Bidirectional-streams Over Synchronous HTTP
# https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOSH_(protocol)
location /http-bind {
proxy_pass http://localhost:5280/http-bind;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
}
}

Now when i am doing Deploy Jitsi Meet, npm install is giving me error

npm ERR! Linux 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64
npm ERR! argv “/usr/bin/node” “/bin/npm” “install” “–production”
npm ERR! node v6.17.1
npm ERR! npm v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! lib-jitsi-meet@0.0.0 postinstall: webpack -p
npm ERR! Exit status 2
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the lib-jitsi-meet@0.0.0 postinstall script ‘webpack -p’.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the lib-jitsi-meet package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! webpack -p
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR! npm bugs lib-jitsi-meet
npm ERR! Or if that isn’t available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls lib-jitsi-meet
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

ir npm install is not working

ur node and npm is too old…try using node 10.x.x and npm 6.x.x

I updated node and npm then also got the same issue

npm ERR! Linux 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64
npm ERR! argv “/usr/bin/node” “/bin/npm” “install” “–production”
npm ERR! node v6.17.1
npm ERR! npm v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! lib-jitsi-meet@0.0.0 postinstall: webpack -p
npm ERR! Exit status 2
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the lib-jitsi-meet@0.0.0 postinstall script ‘webpack -p’.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the lib-jitsi-meet package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! webpack -p
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR! npm bugs lib-jitsi-meet
npm ERR! Or if that isn’t available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls lib-jitsi-meet
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

Also i got this error too

ERROR in ./index.js
Module build failed (from ../babel-loader/lib/index.js):
Error: Cannot find module '@babel/plugin-proposal-export-namespace-from' from '/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/lib-jitsi-meet'
    at Function.module.exports [as sync] (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/resolve/lib/sync.js:74:15)
    at resolveStandardizedName (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/files/plugins.js:101:31)
    at resolvePlugin (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/files/plugins.js:54:10)
    at loadPlugin (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/files/plugins.js:62:20)
    at createDescriptor (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:154:9)
    at items.map (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:109:50)
    at Array.map (native)
    at createDescriptors (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:109:29)
    at createPluginDescriptors (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:105:10)
    at alias (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:63:49)
    at cachedFunction (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/caching.js:33:19)
    at plugins.plugins (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:28:77)
    at mergeChainOpts (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-chain.js:319:26)
    at /srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-chain.js:283:7
    at buildRootChain (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-chain.js:68:29)
    at loadPrivatePartialConfig (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/partial.js:85:55)
    at Object.loadPartialConfig (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/partial.js:110:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:144:26)
    at next (native)
    at asyncGeneratorStep (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:3:103)
    at _next (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:5:194)
    at /srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:5:364
    at Object.<anonymous> (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:5:97)
    at Object._loader (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:224:18)
    at Object.loader (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:60:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/srv/jitsi.wespher.com/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:55:12)

Hi Tanvir,

Node issue is solved.

But now when i trying to retstart nginx its not restarting.

And when i printed its status i got this

● nginx.service - The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-08-30 05:34:57 EDT; 1min 35s ago
Process: 4770 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/nginx (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 4767 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 4765 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/rm -f /run/nginx.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

use nginx -t this will tell u if there is any syntax error in the conf file and if there is any it will tell where exactly it is

nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

I don’t know buddy there could be selinux issue or could be permission issue with Nginx…u could check the Nginx log… I think u should focus on iOS and Android code rather than solving silly problem with server…just use Ubuntu for your dev when u understand how the architecture works then only try porting it…it definitely works cause I have live server running both centOS and rhel… but implementing is really painful

Okay Thanks a lot Tanvir :slight_smile:

Hi Tanvir,

I installed Jitsi meet on debian server.

here is the link https://jitsi.wespher.com

Its working fine, but when second user joins the room it give error “unfortunetly something went wrong.”

Also in console the error is CONFERENCE FAILED: conference.videobridgeNotAvailable

Please help.

u use the quick install or manual install? is your server behind nat? can u show some logs? lets start with jicofo and jvb log…