Freshly install jitsi on debian 10 and 11 not working

Hi guys,
I tried to upgrade my old jitsi server to the newest, but it seems the update broke the old jitsi setup. I’ve rollback it to the working version one and plan to build a newer version for the replacement.

I already tried to install jitsi server on debian 10 and 11, but its not working on both of them. They all have same problem, the server is not listening on port 10000…

Here is the jicofo log, how do i fix it?

Jicofo 2021-09-07 12:34:28.848 WARNING: [1] FocusManager.start#114: Jicofo ID is not set correctly set (value=0). Configure a valid value [1-65535] by setting org.jitsi.jicofo.SHORT_ID in sip-communicator.properties or jicofo.octo.id in jicofo.conf. Future versions will require this for Octo.
Jicofo 2021-09-07 12:34:31.511 WARNING: [1] org.glassfish.jersey.server.wadl.WadlFeature.configure: JAXBContext implementation could not be found. WADL feature is disabled.
Jicofo 2021-09-07 12:34:31.841 WARNING: [1] org.glassfish.jersey.internal.inject.Providers.checkProviderRuntime: A provider org.jitsi.rest.Version registered in SERVER runtime does not implement any provider interfaces applicable in the SERVER runtime. Due to constraint configuration problems the provider org.jitsi.rest.Version will be ignored. 
Jicofo 2021-09-07 12:34:35.025 WARNING: [28] Main$1.warn#154: Key 'jicofo.bridge.average-participant-packet-rate-pps' from source 'typesafe config (reloaded 1 times)' is deprecated: use jicofo.bridge.average-participant-stress

You can try jitsi-base-installer. It works on Debian 10 Buster and on Debian 11 Bullseye

Thanks for pointing that installer, im gonna try it.
I wonder, why the installer need turn server address??
My existing jitsi meet server dont use turn. In the handbook turn is usefull for one to one meeting, but my server mainly held multi participant meeting.

Hello @alveox,

TURN is not only for P2P. It’s used when a participant cannot connect directly to JVB (UDP/10000) in multi participant meeting too

Hi again, thanks for your respond. Just now im already make a turn server using jitsi-meet-turnserver … I saw its installing coturn. I already test the stun with ice online test and its working. But the turn can be tested as it doesnt use manual user:password setup.

Tonight ill try to install jitsi using your base installer… i hope it will work out of the box…

One more thing, im planing to use jibri to record and stream, did the jitsi-jibri-installer work with debian 11 and old jibri??
i got 2 jibri server running on my existing jitsi meet server.

The jitsi-meet-turnserver package installs coturn and coturn starts to listen port 5349. But one of the main roles of TURN is helping the participants who cannot connect directly to UDP/10000 (JVB).

If a participant cannot connect to UDP/10000 then they most probably cannot connect to TCP/5349 either. Therefore just installing coturn doesn’t solve the issue, it should work on TCP/443 too. The second domain (TURN's domain), that is why it’s needed.

jibri cannot be installed on Debian 11 Bullseye for now because of a dependency issue.
the related issue

So. jitsi-jibri-installer doesn’t work with Debian 11 Bullseye

Thanks for the respond, finally i scrap all thing and make it from zero using original handbook… It run without problem unlike my previous attemp…
Thanks All.