Frequent disconnects on Jitsi Meet

We were using Jitsi Meet for a meeting today. I was getting disconnected every 30 seconds or so.

JS Console Log

2021-08-15T01:10:28.939Z [modules/xmpp/XmppConnection.js] <_keepAliveAndCheckShard/<>: Detected that shard changed from meet-jit-si-us-east-1b-s41 to meet-jit-si-us-east-1b-s43 Logger.js:154:22
2021-08-15T01:10:28.941Z [modules/statistics/statistics.js] <b.sendAnalyticsAndLog>: {“type”:“operational”,“action”:“connection.failed”,“attributes”:{“error_type”:“connection.otherError”,“shard_changed”:true,“suspend_time”:4,“time_since_last_success”:11820}} Logger.js:154:22
2021-08-15T01:10:28.979Z [features/overlay] : The conference will be reloaded after 29 seconds. Logger.js:154:22

I tried multiple browsers on a Mac. I’m behind a OpenWrt 21.02.0-rc3 router.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Having same issue my friend in Australia and America

2 Likes

Having same issue from Colombia

2 Likes

Are you still experiencing this? What about the js console logs do you see the log like “Detected that shard changed from meet-jit-si-us-east-1b-s41 to meet-jit-si-us-east-1b-s43” when it happens? Can you share the exact log line?
Does it happen if you choose another room name?

We’ve been having the same problem on the meet.jit.si server since yesterday. Some users can’t maintain connectivity.

3 Likes

Same issue, I am in NY.

1 Like

Users in my organization started complaining about this yesterday. I joined their call from my car, and could see them dropping off, but my connection was stable.

1 Like

from a previous solution to lower the video quality fixed my connection issue.

That may be a short-term fix, but do we know what the problem is?

1 Like

I’m seeing this on meet.jit.si and JAAS. This most stable connection is streaming at 1080p so I’m not sure the video quality workaround from above is good. I have a ticket open with 8x8 but no word (I’d love to get a call if anyone here is listening).

1 Like

This started yesterday for many of us, and we are talking to people from London, Australia, America, and Canada. All of us same issue, and we have never had this issue until yesterday, and we always talk. I do not think this is a personal system work around. I believe it is on their end somehow.

We are currently reverting a change which we believe is causing the issue, the revert will be finished in 20 mins or so. Please report do you still experience the issue afterwords. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I was in a call this morning with people from USA and Europe, and we all were getting kicked out every couple of minutes. Now I’m in another call now and the same thing has been happening, but hasn’t happened for 5 minutes, so maybe it’s fixed?

Thanks for the update. My group are hopeful for the fix.

@damencho I can confirm my Linux meetup group is no longer experiencing disconnects. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Seems fixed now in mine :slight_smile:

@damencho can you tell us what the change was, so we can all learn what not to do?

Thanks.

That is a specific to meet.jit.si deployment we do and handling the stick tables in haproxy … So nothing specific to share.

1 Like