Forcing a specific web browser?

Is there a way to make the link for the meeting force the use of Chrome? I know that such a link can be created, but can the system create that link so you don’t have to manually modify it every time?
Thanks for any info on this.

There is no such thing as system creating links. You can create link yourself by typing it in the browser addressbar. So you cannot force anything, or pre-set anything for a room, before actually joining it, as it does not exist.

Well, my server does this, looks like it’s offering up a link to me.

Thank you,

Chris Harrison

And? This is the link of the current room.

Correct, but I’d like for the link to be constructed so that it will use Chrome rather than the default browser. It can be done manually but that would be something that your run of the mill users won’t know how to do. Any users that doesn’t have Chrome or Firefox as the has to know to cut and paste the link into Chrome or Firefox. I didn’t create that link, the system offered it based on the address of the server, and the meeting name. I was hoping the system could be configured so at to add the needed structure to use Chrome.

Thank you,

Chris Harrison

Nope, there is no such option. Links are opened using the default browser. You can use this setting to show some warning or unsupported page to the users on your deployment: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/interface_config.js#L182

Ok, thanks. It was worth a try.

Thank you,

Chris Harrison