[FIXED] Grey screen after fresh install - config is not defined

Hi there.

I just installed jitsi-meet on my server using ubuntu stable repo.
My server has both apache and nginx installed, but i explicitly want jitsi to use apache. So i deleted the auto-generated nginx config and manually created an apache 2 config using this template : jitsi-meet/jitsi-meet.example-apache at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub

However, when i try to access my new jitsi instance, i get a grey screen. The only error i can see in the browser console is : Uncaught ReferenceError: config is not defined reported by AuthHandler.js:20.

I don’t see any error in my apache logs.

EDIT : i have checked that https://subdomain.mydomain.fr/config.js returns the right file. It does.

May i ask for some help, please ?
Thanks.

Look through your config.js carefully - most likely a missing (or added) punctuation somewhere.

Would be strange, i didn’t edit it since the installation. Will do that.

I’ve just tried copy-pasting the config.js file’s contents into my browser console, it gets correclty eveluated and i then have a correctly initialized config objet. So it doesn’t look like a syntax error in there…

I have also noticed in the “network” tab of the browser that config.js file isn’t requested to the server… lib-jitsi-meet.min.js is, but not config.js.

Maybe check whether ssi is turned on.

Looks like i was lacking the include module, it works now.

Thanks a lot for the quick and efficient help :slight_smile: