Finished Installing Jibri Again, no config.json

I installed the chrome drivers,
installed linux-image-extra-virtual for snd-aloop "echo “snd-aloop” >> /etc/modules

rebooted so that the newly installed Ubuntu kernel and the active kernel were the same

I grabbed the stable jitsi sources list:

echo “deb https://download.jitsi.org stable/” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jitsi-stable.list, I didn’t want to grab the nightly builds.

ran apt update again.

and then

apt -y install jibri

When I was finished and I set about updating the configuration files, there was no /etc/jitsi/jibri/config.json.

Have things changed since these installation guides for Jibri on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I am really having a hell of a time finding any documentation.

If something is terribly screwed up is there a way to uninstall jibri and try again??

config.json is still supported in existing installs, but the new config file is jibri.conf in the same directory. There’s a doc in the jibri repo about migrating from the old to the new config here.

Thank goodness. I went off the rails a little by getting the stable repo rather than unstable, though the guide I had indicated downloading the unstable repo. AKA nightly builds, and when I didn’t see config.json, I thought I must have made a big mistake. I had just rebuilt the server so that I could have a clean install and didn’t want to have to start over again.

So thank you so much for this heads up. I am committed to getting Jibri working, and need all the help I can get right now, because Jitsi is brand new to me and I have never set up any kind of online streaming service before except to use a JWPlayer account, lots of CMS/CRM work, but nothing like this.