Finding good servers

Hi, I’m not in a position to setup my own Jitsi server so I depend on the services of others. But I can’t seem to find an address which delivers an even halfway passable connection. I found some (apparently quite old) lists of ‘free servers’ but they all perform poorly or/and have other problems.
So my first question is: what are the experiences of others? Who can use Jitsi as it’s supposed to work? If so, which server do you use?

I am making the assumption that the poor performance is due to the server, not the program nor my laptop. So that’s my second question: am I right?
In fact, I’d think poor performance is only to be expected from a really free service. Or am I wrong? So I am not necessarily looking for something ‘free’. Question: Are there any good commercial services running JitsiMeet (and providing the same privacy) or is it impossible to run such a paid service precisely because of the ‘peer-to-peer’ character of the program? If commercial services exist, can anyone recommend an address or tell me weher to find a list?
Or, alternatively, how can I setup a connection with a quality comparable to Zoom etc.?
Hans

Have you tried meet.jit.si or 8x8.vc?

Check out 8x8. It’s Jitsi’s parent company and they have an incredible promo going on right now (99 cents a month)!