FailedToJoinCall SESSION Failed to join the call

jicofo-logs.txt (5.5 KB) Greeting,

I am running into this exception for the last couple of days with latest unstable Jibri version.

2020-03-25 22:53:00.079 INFO: [47] org.jitsi.jibri.selenium.JibriSelenium.onSeleniumStateChange() Transitioning from state Starting up to Error: FailedToJoinCall SESSION Failed to join the call
2020-03-25 22:53:00.080 INFO: [47] org.jitsi.jibri.service.impl.FileRecordingJibriService.onServiceStateChange() File recording service transitioning from state Starting up to Error: FailedToJoinCall SESSION Failed to join the call
2020-03-25 22:53:00.080 INFO: [47] org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.invoke() Current service had an error Error: FailedToJoinCall SESSION Failed to join the call, sending error iq <iq to='jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.example.com/focus' id='VS7kP-23' type='set'><jibri xmlns='http://jitsi.org/protocol/jibri' status='off' failure_reason='error' should_retry='true'/></iq>
2020-03-25 22:53:00.083 FINE: [47] org.jitsi.jibri.statsd.JibriStatsDClient.incrementCounter() Incrementing statsd counter: stop:recording

Jibri is installed over a seprate AWS EC2 | OS Debian 10.
Jibri Version : # dpkg -s jibri | grep Version
Version: 8.0-23-g96f051d-1

Jicofo version : # dpkg -s jicofo | grep Version
Version: 1.0-524-1
Prosody Version : # dpkg -s prosody | grep Version
Version: 0.11.2-1
Video Bridge Version : # dpkg -s jitsi-videobridge2 | grep Version
Version: 2.1-130-gc5b5f463-1

Attached you can find :

1. Jicofo Logs
  2. Prosody Logs
  3. Jibri logs
  4. Prosody config files.
  5. Jicofo config files
  6. Jibri Config files.

Was wondering if there’s a specific bug in latest Jibri with tokens enabled, will appriciate it if someone can help.

Best Regards,
Mohamed Abada

jibri_log.0.txt (9.5 KB) Prosody.log (1021 Bytes) prosody.cfg.lua.txt (9.9 KB) meet.example.com.cfg.lua.txt (2.9 KB) jicofo_sip-communicator.properties.txt (188 Bytes) jibri_config.json.txt (3.0 KB)

Any support ?

Is there a way to add JWT paramaters mentioned in the below Docker guide for normal Jibri instance so it can be integrated with JWT tokens :

[Jitsi Jibri Docker]

At the moment it is by default connecting as following :

https://meet.example.com/test#config.iAmRecorder=true&config.externalConnectUrl=null&config.startWithAudioMuted=true&config.startWithVideoMuted=true&interfaceConfig.APP_NAME="Jibri"&config.analytics.disabled=true&config.p2p.enabled=false

And I am not able to find any documentation on where to change those values.

Best Regards,
Mohamed Abada

Hi, you found answer on this question? I have same situation…

Hi @Evg

As you might have noticed no one provided any solution yet for this issue, if you’re using tokens, then the only option you have as far as I know is adding the following to your prosody config

allow_empty_token = true

Which doesn’t make sense at all, consedring that it means that although tokens are enabled still anyone without token should be able to use the platform.

Best Regards,
Mohamed Abada

Yes, I use this option and set true.