Failed to initialize and start a MucClient: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: incomplete configuration

Hello,

I installed on Ubuntu 18.04 a fresh install using Quick Install instructions.
I forwarded ports 80, 443, 10000
I added the videobridge sip-communicator lines for public and local IP address.

I get a console message Conference Failed: videoBridgeNotAvailable and it the grey screen says, Unfortunately, something went wrong.

This severe jvb.log message pops up at the top of the list after some info and I don’t know how to fix it. What configuration is incomplete?
The jvb.log goes on to perform successful health checks.

The jicofo log first issue is a warning:
No dedicated JVB MUC XMPP connection configured - falling back to the default XMPP connection.
Eventually, a severe log says Failed to discover features for conferenceduration.mydomain.com: XMPP error reply received.

Can anyone provide any ideas?

@damencho
Are there any other developers here that can assist?

Maybe upload your jicofo and jvb logs after a restart.

Hi @damencho
I restarted the server and these are my logs attached. Any help you can provide is very appreciated.
Thank you!

jicofo.txt (24.3 KB) jvb.txt (7.8 KB)

MucClient.lambda$start$0#217: Failed to initialize and start a MucClient:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: incomplete configuration

Maybe paste your jvb config. Seems it is not complete

Hi @damencho!

Posted below.

The one incomplete should be /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties

Ok. Here’s the sip-communicator @damencho. Sorry about that.

You have two lines on one. Check out the USERNAME line.

I just put the STAT_TRANSPORT line on it’s own line and the PASSWORD on it’s own line… restarted prosody, jicofo, jvb, nginx… still the same thing.
That was also how the default install put the file.
Looks like the incomplete configuration error is gone.

I’m getting this error cycling in the the JVB now.

2020-05-14 13:22:40.497 WARNING: [21] org.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager.pingServerIfNecessary: XMPPConnection was not authenticated
2020-05-14 13:22:40.574 WARNING: [19] [hostname=localhost id=shard] MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7#643: [MucClient id=shard hostname=localhost ] error connecting
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘localhost :5222’ failed because: java.net.UnknownHostException: localhost : Temporary failure in name resolution at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:383)
at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7(MucClient.java:638)
at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

My Console messages when the second person tries to connect and i see the grey screen:

2020-05-14T14:22:37.568Z [features/base/redux] <Object._listener>: TypeError: Object(…)(…).getId is not a function

react_devtools_backend.js:6 2020-05-14T14:22:37.646Z [conference.js] <Q._onConferenceFailed>: CONFERENCE FAILED: conference.videobridgeNotAvailable

@saghul this. (Object(…)(…).getId not a function) was something i saw you mentioned in another post May 2nd. How do we fix it? I did a fresh install yesterday but it still does this on Chrome.

Videobridge now cannot connect to your xmpp server on The following addresses failed: ‘localhost :5222’

right. Any idea how to fix this @damencho ?

Nope, find why you cannot connect. Is there something listening there? Is there a firewall forbidding it …

Our work tech support man was able to re-create the virtual machine with different settings. Apparently there was something wrong with the way it was created and the issue was the local server itself, not the install.

Best advice for anyone coming across this is to re-do your virtual machine, try different network settings.
@damencho thanks for your assistance.