Failed to Access Camera/Microphone due to an Unknown Reason. Queue has been Stopped

Request the forum to help please.

Ours is a self hosted Jitsi. Whie it has been working well, suddenly few participants oflate have started complaning of “Failed to Access Camera/Microphone due to an Unknown Reason. Queue has been Stopped.” error. It has started happening with one with whom we have had successful VC in past too.

Its working on my own Chrome browser Version 103.0.5060.114 but on another participant on same version its not working.

Cache/cookies cleared. All permissions revoked and regranted, Cookies allowed for All, even tried in Incognito mode. tried all different microphone and sound output. Even our VC link is in permitted links to open. However Google Meet works so camera and mic doesnt have issues.

Request some suggestions pl.

Thanks

Can you please share the browser console logs when this happpens?

CamMicWORKINGConsoleLog.txt (108.6 KB)

Here is the Console log from MY Chrome Browser while in conference with the other person when other person’s camera and mic is NOT working. I can neither hear nor see him. Nor can he.

CamMicNOTWorkingChromeConsoleLog.txt (183.8 KB)

And this is the Chrome Console Log of the person whose camera and mic is not working in self hoste Jitsi while in conference with me. (Mine doesnt work with one more chap, but his didnt work with others. It works on mobile for bother of them.)

Is you peer in some hostile network environment?

Logger.js:154 2022-07-19T11:37:00.312Z [modules/xmpp/JingleSessionPC.js] <peerconnection.oniceconnectionstatechange>:  (TIME) ICE disconnected JVB:	 27421.300000000745
Logger.js:154 2022-07-19T11:37:00.312Z [modules/statistics/AvgRTPStatsReporter.js] <dc.addNext>:  bandwidth_upload - invalid value for idx: 0 undefined
r @ Logger.js:154
Logger.js:154 2022-07-19T11:37:00.312Z [modules/statistics/AvgRTPStatsReporter.js] <dc.addNext>:  bandwidth_download - invalid value for idx: 0 undefined
r @ Logger.js:154
Logger.js:154 2022-07-19T11:37:00.575Z [modules/xmpp/JingleSessionPC.js] <peerconnection.oniceconnectionstatechange>:  (TIME) ICE disconnected P2P:	 27684.5

The ICE connection gets disconnected. That is not normal, unless there is some kind of bad or filtered network situation.

I could connect to your server just fine with 3 participants FWIW.

Thanks for your reply.

No, network is just fine. Connecting through LAN and wifi. Mobile is also on same wifi. Google Meet and Zoom connects.

What more diagnostics should I send?

May see this image. His network shows bad connection or no network! His mic/camera is on but shows disabled.
Google Meet and Zoom etc work.

What kind of network is this? Is there any kind of enterprise firewall there?

There is PFSense Firewall, I found out. How do Hangouts, Team, Zoom, Webex etc navigate it?

One correction: it works on wifi which is through same LAN but when wifi is switched off and it is sought to be connected thriugh LAN, it doesnt work. This seems strange in my opinion.

This is also experienced by another user who is not behind any firewall. But it works on his ipad and mobile but now on his windows laptop: same issue.

Aha!

Using TURN, can you test if it works ok with meet.jit.si ? What kind of connection do you see when you hover the GSM bars?

I know Windows has different firewall profiles for “public” and “private” networks, any chance it’s something like that going on here?

Check the firewall type they have for that connection, and try a meeting on meet.jit.si to double check.

Meeting on meet.jit.si works fine but not on our self hosted instance here.

So some update or configuaration error?

Ok, this may confirm a network filtering issue. Can you take a screenshot of the local connection info for both users?

Local connection info meaning? What displays on ‘signal strength’ when cursor is hovered over that?

Yes, hover and make sure to click “Show More” so we can see the IP addresses there.

Image is uploaded in 7th reply. Nothing is shown there.

You may need to wait 20-30 seconds for the connection values to show up.

NoAudioVid
WithAudioVideo

Uploaded images of both screens: one where audio and video doesnt come and other which is ok.

Also, if meet.jit.si works fine and our self hosted instance doesnt work on this network (works at other places), does it mean Jitsi uses different ports for itself whereas we are using different ports?

If its ok, I can send a meet link now in message where both of us are there and you can check it.

Your turnserver is not accessible from the Internet. Port TCP 5349, make sure you use the correct certificate and for the turnserver.

Thanks!

But we are able to hold conference with other participants across India. This issue has been found with users on one network. And another such issue was randomly found with an individual.

Hence wouldnt it mean TURN is correctly configured, if I am getting other users?

Any other logs would you want?

Turn server is a fallback when in some networks a direct connection to the bridge using UDP cannot be established.

You need to open that port on your firewall.