Failed to access camera (does not support required video resolution

Trying to try Meet, using a MacBook Air and Firefox 75. I tried to give permission for the page to use the built in camera but am told my camera does not support the required video resolution. Is there a trick to this? Would it work better if I tried the app? Do I need an external camera? Please explain for the technologically impaired.

3 Likes

I am no user of Mac, so I do not know if it is possible, but try to set up camera resolution to 1280x720.

I had the same problem using an iMac and Safari but it worked with Chrome.

I’ve had a similar problem. I have no problem with camera access in a Chrome , Firefox, or MS Edge (running in a virtual Win 10 Pro 2004 in Parallels) browsers. Only in the Safari browser. here are some screenshots showing my attempts to resolve this:

Step 1

I’ve had a similar problem. I have no problem with camera access in a Chrome , Firefox, or MS Edge (running in a virtual Win 10 Pro 2004 in Parallels) browsers. Only in the Safari browser. here are some screenshots showing my attempts to resolve this:

Step 2

Thanks!

I had to delete my initial post (more the 1 upload per post) and no more than 3 posts for a new member or until another member posts! There were originally 4 screenshots.

Step 3

This looks like it might be an issue with Safari itself. http://test.webrtc.org should show you that the resolutions are not supported.