Facing error in Jigasi

Hi all, facing an error in jigasi. I have deployed Jitsi-meet on AWS ECS and everything is working fine except jigasi.

When I start transcript in the meeting then jigasi logs says

Failed to process an incoming session initiate.

The initiator is expected to specify the transport in their offer.

Struggling in this issue from weeks. Nothing worked.

Please help me. I will really appreciate your help .
Thank you very much in advance.

What is the jitsi-meet version you use, there was a bug like that which was fixed. You want to update jitsi-meet first and try again.

The same version is working on my local machine.

I am using docker compose setup.

Everything is working fine on the local system.

The same environment I configured on AWS ECS but on ECS jigasi is having some issues.

So, I don’t feel any issue in the version because same jitsi images are working on the local system.

That is with same jitsi-meet version?

Yes the jitsi version is same on both the side.

When I start the transcript then I got the following error in jigasi logs

Did not recieved session invite.

Trying to notify Transcriber for a while it is already stopped

Participant with identifier focus left while it did not exist.

I’m facing the same issue @damencho @Vikas_Goswami
It is running fine on a single VM deployment of docker-compose (Jitsi Docker Release 6173).

However, in an ECS cluster, the above error shows up. The calls are working fine. Only Jigasi connection fails with the same error (“The initiator is expected to specify the transport in their offer”).

Have you tried the latest stable?

Yes but still the same error.

Everything is working on docker compose running on single vm but jigasi is only not working on aws ecs running on different different ec2.

Is there any platform on which we can connect and I can show you.

I need your help.

Please helm me to solve this.

You are testing with 7001 version?

And you are getting the exact same error “The initiator is expected to specify the transport in their offer.”?

Post your jigasi logs.

This package we are using in our dockerfile

jigasi_1.1-195-g65ef768-1_amd64_zipteams.deb

What is the jicofo version you use?

we are using this stable docker image of jicofo ------> jitsi/jicofo:stable-6173

Try updating to the latest from stable, an error like this was fixed long ago in jicofo.

@damencho You can see this is the jicofo:stable-6173

What I am understanding is jicofo is not able to communicate properly with jigasi.

Is any domain or anything on which jicofo connect jigasi because directly we can’t make jicofo to communicate with jigasi.

We are using domain based connectivity.

For example:- If jicofo wants to connect xmpp domain then it will able to connect with xmpp domain using route53. Route53 will froward it to load balancer and load balancer will forward it to prosody container.

But I think jicofo is not connecting with jigasi because we have not used any domain or anything jigasi is not exposed on load balancer.

I am not sure about it.

If you can come on call, then I can show you.

please help me.

Sorry, the Jitsi Team does not do that. If you want someone debugging your deployment, there are companies monitoring the forum. You can post in the Paid-work section of the user forum.

The error you see in jigasi logs, is a bug in jicofo sending video description with no transport which is causing the issue. If you update jicofo this will be fixed.
No idea about route53 and stuff. If you see the error in jigasi this means the request had reached jigasi.

@damencho Used stable-6865 docker image version of jicofo, but still getting the sam error

Jigasi 2022-04-11 18:09:21.537 SEVERE: [66] org.jitsi.jigasi.JvbConference.registrationStateChanged().676 [ctx=1649700560669585943109] Registered bosh sid: 18d7e4e0-f689-4a57-a7a4-76fc77eaf698
Jigasi 2022-04-11 18:09:22.484 INFO: [80] impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.processSessionInitiate().905 Failed to process an incoming sessioninitiate
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jitsi.impl.osgi.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContextImpl.java:126)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.JabberActivator.getMediaService(JabberActivator.java:333)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.jinglesdp.JingleUtils.payloadTypeToMediaFormat(JingleUtils.java:139)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.jinglesdp.JingleUtils.extractFormats(JingleUtils.java:103)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.processOffer(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:1685)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.processSessionInitiate(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:882)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallJabberImpl.processSessionInitiate(CallJabberImpl.java:1029)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl$2.run(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:1135)
Jigasi 2022-04-11 18:09:27.492 SEVERE: [80] service.protocol.AbstractCallPeer.fireCallPeerChangeEvent().433 Error dispatching event of typeCallPeerStatusChange in Call: id=16497005624612118573694 peers=0
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCall.setCallState(MediaAwareCall.java:841)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCall.removeCallPeer(MediaAwareCall.java:222)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCall.peerStateChanged(MediaAwareCall.java:283)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AbstractCallPeer.fireCallPeerChangeEvent(AbstractCallPeer.java:428)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AbstractCallPeer.setState(AbstractCallPeer.java:959)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCallPeer.setState(MediaAwareCallPeer.java:1062)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.setState(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:1537)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AbstractCallPeer.setState(AbstractCallPeer.java:931)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.processSessionInitiate(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:917)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallJabberImpl.processSessionInitiate(CallJabberImpl.java:1029)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl$2.run(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:1135)
Jigasi 2022-04-11 18:09:27.493 SEVERE: [80] util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().122 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[Thread-57,5,main] and message was: The initiator is expected to specify the transport in their offer.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The initiator is expected to specify the transport in their offer.
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.getTransportManager(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:920)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.setState(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:1527)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AbstractCallPeer.setState(AbstractCallPeer.java:931)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.processSessionInitiate(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:917)
Jigasi 2022-04-11 18:09:51.429 SEVERE: [74] org.jitsi.jigasi.JvbConference.run().2046 [ctx=1649700560669585943109] Did not received session invite (30000 ms)
Jigasi 2022-04-11 18:09:51.430 WARNING: [74] org.jitsi.jigasi.transcription.Transcriber.log() null: trying to notify Transcriber for a while it is already stopped

@damencho used stable-6865 docker image version of jicofo but still getting the same error

Jigasi 2022-04-11 18:09:22.484 INFO: [80] impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.processSessionInitiate().905 Failed to process an incoming sessioninitiate
at org.jitsi.impl.osgi.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContextImpl.java:126)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.JabberActivator.getMediaService(JabberActivator.java:333)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.jinglesdp.JingleUtils.payloadTypeToMediaFormat(JingleUtils.java:139)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.jinglesdp.JingleUtils.extractFormats(JingleUtils.java:103)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.processOffer(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:1685)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.processSessionInitiate(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:882)
Jigasi 2022-04-11 18:09:27.492 SEVERE: [80] service.protocol.AbstractCallPeer.fireCallPeerChangeEvent().433 Error dispatching event of typeCallPeerStatusChange in Call: id=16497005624612118573694 peers=0
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCall.setCallState(MediaAwareCall.java:841)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCall.removeCallPeer(MediaAwareCall.java:222)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCall.peerStateChanged(MediaAwareCall.java:283)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AbstractCallPeer.fireCallPeerChangeEvent(AbstractCallPeer.java:428)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AbstractCallPeer.setState(AbstractCallPeer.java:959)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCallPeer.setState(MediaAwareCallPeer.java:1062)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.setState(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:1537)
Jigasi 2022-04-11 18:09:27.493 SEVERE: [80] util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().122 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[Thread-57,5,main] and message was: The initiator is expected to specify the transport in their offer.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The initiator is expected to specify the transport in their offer.

@damencho used the stable-6865 docker image version but still getting the same error.

What about the jicofo logs?