Extending Jitsi Meet App

How can i extend jitsi meet app with new react components and navigate between then.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Instead of modifying the app you could use the SDK which is just the meetings view / activity and create an app around it.

SDK is not responsing quiet right and we want the recording also,so trying to extend the app.

What is not working quite right? The SDK gives you the same as the app, minus the welcome page.

I want local recording support which i think is not provided by API…thats y i want to extend it…is there any way to get the recording without dropbox please suggest

There is file recording available too, but it’s the server doing the recoding: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/ccc5e19e3cd5a484758ac16c08d43393fc881caf/config.js#L173

Local recording is a huge endeavor, it would require screen-capturing and converting that into a video file. To be honest I’m not sure how I’d go about that.

Good luck!

I donot need video recording…i just needed the audio recording…

That should be easier to accomplish. However, it will still involve exposing some API in react-native-webrtc which can then be consumed from JS.

Is there any way to implement it…

Well, that’s the part you have to do :slight_smile:

what about extending the App???

The SDK is 99% of the app, if you want to add this feature you’ll need to implement it in the SDK first.