Error with two or more users...disconnected (searched a lot ;))

Hi ,

I know I am not the first one with this problem but I cannot figure out how to solve this

Clean install on Ubuntu 18.04 with apache (Linode)
No NAT
All required ports are open, firewall is enabled
vhost with domain. conf files and ssl seem to be set up just fine
Followed manual instructions

No files were changed! But when two or more people enter I get the infamous error, see attach

I am not sure what I could have done wrong, I followed everyting step by step, setup is clean as a whistle

Erros in jvb, jicofo and console

jvb.log
2020-03-29 17:05:35.334 SEVERE: [23] RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run#198: org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized

(I did not touch conf file)

jicofo.log
Jicofo 2020-03-29 16:38:25.781 WARNING: [27] org.jitsi.jicofo.bridge.BridgeSelectionStrategy.log() Failed to select initial bridge for participantRegion=null

Jicofo 2020-03-29 17:11:42.974 SEVERE: [27] org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConferenceImpl.log() Can not invite participant – no bridge available.

Console
Logger.js:154 2020-03-29T15:14:01.337Z [modules/xmpp/strophe.util.js] <Object.i.Strophe.log>: Strophe: Disconnect was called because: undefined

Same behaviour here. Fresh install (quick install) on Ubuntu 18.04, no NAT involved.
Can’t have more than 1 user on a room…and same log entries. :neutral_face:

KVM VM with 8Gb of RAM.

Spent more time googling and searching, to no avail. Weird, you would expect it to work on a clean install with all the manual steps followed

Try SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized - on Debian buster system with existing prosody

Thanks! Tried it but still same disconnect error when second person enters

I had the same issue. Debian 10 used as a local server with self-signed cert. I could get one user to work, and could see a second connect just for a moment, then both would get kicked out. All in the same LAN subnet now for testing.

I followed This Howto, but it still didn’t work until I manually made sure any jitsy* package was removed, along with prosody and jicofo.

In my case it turns out the issue was having re-installied the packages a few times and not making everything was removed between installs. (make sure /etc/jitsi and etc/prosody are not present before you re-install)

Re-installed, and multiple users could log in.

I believe the conflict was differing certs in /etc/prosody/certs and /etc/jitsi/meet/. The latter was where the self-signed SSL certs were stored. The certs in both locations had the same name as I’d used the same info over and over when re-installing. Not sure how the prosody certs got there. Copied the web SSL certs into the prosody folder and all was well.

Oh, also ended up going with Apache, as nginx had trouble with the self-signed cert. Am more used to Apache anyway. Made sure it was installed before installing jitsi-meet, and it worked right away.

Still having trouble getting android to work (org.jitsi.meet_200300.apk); it immediately disconnects. May have something to do with the self-signed cert. Wish the mobile app would be allowed to work through Firefox; mobile FF does support accepting self-signed certs.

Just chiming in to say that we are experiencing the same thing on new setups in AWS (Ubuntu 16.04 EC2). Tried restarting jicofo/jvb/prosody, manually tweaking things in configs to resolve issues but to no avail. This install script we use worked fine for JVB1, seems like installing w/ apt now results in errors identical to the one posted by OP.