Error: Unfortunately, something went wrong

Hey guys. I set up jitsi on a VPS with the intention of bridging it with Element. The initial installation of jitsi was successful, but I procrastinated on taking the next step and didn’t touch jitsi for a few months. When I got on today, I was unable to create a room. I’ve surfed around trying to find some potential solutions, but wasn’t able to find anything. Forgive me as I am still somewhat of a noob when it comes to this stuff.

Welcome to the forum.

Can you share the logs from your browser’s js console?

Reference - [TIP] Fastest Way To Get Support In The Forum

1 Like

[Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIAppStartup.secondsSinceLastOSRestart]” nsresult: “0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)” location: “JS frame :: resource:///modules/BrowserGlue.jsm :: _collectStartupConditionsTelemetry :: line 1598” data: no] BrowserGlue.jsm:1598:9
Error: Can’t find profile directory.
update.locale file doesn’t exist in either the application or GRE directories

Bumping this again. Still can’t figure out what’s going wrong

Can you describe a bit more what you’re seeing when you try to create a room? When you say you’re unable to create a room, what exactly does that mean? Do you get an error message? Does the screen crash? Do you even get the landing page where you create rooms?

1 Like

It says that I’m disconnected and gives a countdown timer until it tries again.

Are all required ports open and accessible? Check to make sure you don’t have a firewall blocking access to ports. If all is properly configured on that end, share your Jicofo logs.