Enabling websockets in Docker

Greetings,

I have a docker-jitsi-meet deployment humming along behind a Traefik reverse proxy on Ubuntu 20.04 VPS, and I’d like to enable websockets. According to this post, the docker distro hasn’t been updated yet to support websockets.

Has anyone gotten websockets to work with their Docker deployment - and in particular, with Traefik?

I’m starting work on support for the new config in Docker, so hopefully will have something there soon.

4 Likes

Awesome sauce! :smiley:

That would be fantastic!!! Thanks bbaldino for the awesome work!!!

@bbaldino Is below PR related to websockets?

if this is going to be the structure then where to put Octo config. Currently It is in sip-communicator file(need to add by user and then build their own docker jvb image).

Like this

# Octo config
{{ $ENABLE_OCTO := .Env.ENABLE_OCTO | default "0" | toBool }}
{{ if $ENABLE_OCTO }}
org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.BIND_ADDRESS={{ .Env.HOST_IP }} # need to set it 0.0.0.0 
org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.PUBLIC_ADDRESS={{ .Env.HOST_PUBLIC_IP }}
org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.BIND_PORT={{ .Env.OCTO_BIND_PORT }}
org.jitsi.videobridge.REGION={{ .Env.REGION }}
{{ end }}

It would be great if you can add this to sip or config file. It will ensure that there is no need to create jvb docker image to use octo.

1 Like

Yeah we can add this unless @saghul has any thoughts on doing it differently. I’d probably do it in a separate PR.

1 Like

there’s an issue(more of a question) already and waiting for @saghul comment

https://github.com/jitsi/docker-jitsi-meet/issues/643

I just updated my docker-jitsi-meet deployment to stable-5142. Are websockets enabled by default? If not, how does one go about enabling websockets?

When I view the Chrome console, I see no websockets in the Network --> WS tab.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: I’ve made some headway. I’m now at least getting an error related to websockets, but I don’t quite know how to resolve it…

Can anyone shed some light? It’s not clear what docker-specific changes to make.