Enabling Transcription UI on Jitsi-meet own installation

I am having difficulties to enable the transcription UI that was recently implemented on jitsi-meet.

On the make dev environment, everything works properly, Jigasi is called as a hidden object and the transcription works properly.

For my regular deploy environment, on the other hand, I am just able to call the transcription module using console calls. When I press the CC button it just changes the local state without doing anything else. It doesnt seems to be attempting to call JIgasi at all.

I have attached my config file for jitsi.

Regards

config.txt (13.8 KB)

Beta.meet.jit.si Configuration files

Do you see any js console errors or messages when you click the cc button? Can you upload your js console after you click the button?

On the problematic version and it is returning nothing. I output the state variable ‘requestingTranscription’ and it is actually switching state properly on button press.

I think that somehow conference.room.dial(TRANSCRIBER_DIAL_COMMAND) call is being blocked somewhere.

If you need, I can provide other configs.

Thank you

Which versions you use for meet/jicofo and jigasi, are you using latest everywhere?
When it doesn’t work you don’t see anything in the js console as a reply from jicofo?

I am using the latest version from master of the three of them.

It doesnt output anything, not even an error message. If I force a call from console using conference.room.dial() it calls Jigasi properly as it used to.

I am still stucked on this issue, there are some locations that had meet.jit.si domain hardcoded and I am changing it to test.

Just to know, how does make dev works? Where is it getting the other services from (Jicofo,jigasi, etc)? I want to compare how the other services are configured on dev with mine.

Regards

Still not working. One of the differences that I noticed is that when I invoke conference.room.dial(“jitsi_meet_transcribe”), the transcriber join as a regular user on my installation instead of as a hidden user when I call on make dev/beta.meet.jit.si. I still cant figure out the difference between the settings…

Below is the output for the js console when I start a session.

@damencho Any idea? Sorry for bothering a lot about this.

Screenshot%20from%202018-10-26%2014-15-10

Would you be able to share your jigasi sip-communicator file, and check if there’s a difference between your dev and production file?

Here is the sip-communicator file. I dont have an SIP account set up for it but I read elsewhere that it was not necessary for the transcription only.

sip-communicator.txt (7.9 KB)

# If you want jigasi to perform authenticated login instead of anonymous login
# to the XMPP server, you can set the following properties.
# org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.USER_ID=SOME_USER@SOME_DOMAIN
# org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.PASS=SOME_PASS
# org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.ANONYMOUS_AUTH=false

needs to be defined. It should look like

org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.USER_ID=recorder@recorder.<your_domain>
org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.PASS=<your_password_for_recorder_domain_check_prosody>
org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.ANONYMOUS_AUTH=false
org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.BOSH_URL_PATTERN=https://{host}{subdomain}/http-bind?room={roomName}
# org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.ALLOW_NON_SECURE=true (if facing ssl errors)

Sorry for the bad documentation on this. Your dev environment most likely works because it points to beta.meet.jit.si by default, which has the right settings.

I am verifying prosody .cfg.lua file and there is no recorder component. So I need to add it as:

Component “recorder.<my_domain>”
component_secret = “mysecret”

And then add this configuration to jigasi?

Just in case, is the configuration files for beta.meet.jit.si available somewhere to check?
@Nik_V

I’m not entirely sure, I’m not very familiar with prosody. You can call the component anything, it doesn’t have to be recorder.

You can only check the config.js and interface_config.js, which will be delivered to you when you visit the website.

Just note that the config.js file needs to include for example:

hiddenDomain: "recorder.beta.meet.jit.si"

Thank you, I will try these changes. I will come back if it (hopefully) works.

Btw, is the setup for this the same as for Jibri? I am running jibri on my server so I didnt configure for it.

Regards

I made the changes as recommended plus the setup for jibri. I got the following error, any clue?
@Nik_V

error.txt (7.9 KB)

Have you tried the above?
Also see: Cannot make or receive a SIP call via Jigasi in "secure domain" setup; looks like a certificate issue?

@Nik_V Thank you so much. Following your suggestions, I managed to make jigasi join as a hidden user with the TR icon being displayed instead of a new user. I assume that it is joining as an authenticated user on.

I added ALLOW_NON_SECURE (ALWAYS_TRUST_MODE_ENABLED was enabled already by default).

However, the CC button is still not calling the transcriber and I am trying to find the reason, it still behaves like before with no response nor error message on the js console or on the logs. I changed the jigasi user so it matches the behavior on beta environment. (jigasi@recorder.domain.com)

BTW, I had to comment the following setting:
org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.BOSH_URL_PATTERN=https://{host}{subdomain}/http-bind?room={roomName}

Because it was giving the error message that I posted before:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException: No supported and enabled SASL Mechanism provided by server. Server announced mechanisms: . Registered SASL mechanisms with Smack: [SASL Mech: GSSAPI, Prio: 100, SASL Mech: SCRAM-SHA-1-PLUS, Prio: 100, SASL Mech: SCRAM-SHA-1, Prio: 110, SASL Mech: DIGEST-MD5, Prio: 200, SASL Mech: CRAM-MD5, Prio: 300, SASL Mech: PLAIN, Prio: 400, SASL Mech: X-OAUTH2, Prio: 410, SASL Mech: EXTERNAL, Prio: 500, SASL Mech: ANONYMOUS, Prio: 500]. Enabled SASL mechanisms for this connection: [ANONYMOUS]. Blacklisted SASL mechanisms: [SCRAM-SHA-1-PLUS].

Can you share your Jicofo logs (should be something like /var/log/jicofo.log).
Can you check that the presence is sent accordingly, after you clicked the cc button? See my attached image for how it should look. It’s important that the jitsi_participant_requestingTranscription property is set to true.

@damencho might know more about the bosh error you’re encountering.

The parameters at jitsi-meet seems to be set properly, this is the output when I click on the CC button. It doesnt return anything.

Also, if I call the transcriber from console the output comes with a random username instead of “Transcriber” as it used to be
Screenshot%20from%202018-10-31%2003-29-21

The logs for jicofo, it is not getting anything.
jicofo.txt (348 Bytes)

Regards

You should see these messages:

Jicofo 2018-10-31 08:08:59.639 FINE: [25] org.jitsi.jicofo.jigasi.TranscriberManager.log() initialised transcriber manager

Jicofo 2018-10-31 08:09:48.014 INFO: [77] org.jitsi.jicofo.jigasi.TranscriberManager.log() Attempting to invite transcriber

Jicofo 2018-10-31 08:09:53.328 INFO: [77] org.jitsi.jicofo.jigasi.TranscriberManager.log() transcriber was successfully invited

It would be very strange if you do not see at least the first one, which should happen whenever a new room is created.