Enabling lobby (togglelobby) using the iframe api does not work (moderator does not see user join requests to action)

Hello,

Self hosted setup, if I have a iframe jitsi version, where I use it for users to join and set the lobby to be enabled for the moderator, Users of that page will see the lobby. Users can not join the actual meeting, because the moderator never receives their requests (when using an iframe).

• Users and moderator who enabled the lobby navigating to the jitsi address directly: Can receive join requests
  • Users and moderator, viewing a page that hosts a html page that calls the Jitsi Meeting using the iframe api. Moderator does not receive join requests

From what I can see, the user does get the screen to set their name, and the button to click “Ask to Join”. But the moderator never sees it to approve their request.

On the moderator’s computer, they will see this message:

2021-04-30T04:07:45.755Z [modules/xmpp/Lobby.js] Failed joining lobby Error: Missing lobbyRoomJid, cannot join lobby room.
    at c.join (Lobby.js:139)
    at c._maybeJoinLobbyRoom (Lobby.js:122)
    at a.emit (events.js:157)
    at ChatRoom.js:332
    at I.Handler.handler (strophe.umd.js:2712)
    at I.Handler.run (strophe.umd.js:1875)
    at strophe.umd.js:3157
    at Object.forEachChild (strophe.umd.js:830)
    at I.Connection._dataRecv (strophe.umd.js:3146)
    at O.Bosh._onRequestStateChange (strophe.umd.js:5012)

I’m not sure how I could troubleshoot this further, is there a network setting that needs to be added?

In our usecase, we found the problem was due to the moderator’s machine having blocked the non port 80 style ports that it was expecting traffic from. It was working after this.