Sometimes I want to immediately react to someone else speaking without interrupting.
- expressing that I like the current part of a demo
- expressing that I support an idea someone is deliberating
- expressing surprise or happiness about some news I’m hearing
I do not want to do it via chat. Mostly the chat is not followed by everyone unless I refer to the chat explicitly, e.g. “I’m posting the link in the chat”
Slack calls have an emoji-button in the UI element where you have the screenshare and hang-up button. When you click it, a set of emojis opens. When you select one, it appears in the corner of everyone’s screen for a short time, along with your name. I absolutely love that feature.
- express that I like the current part of a demo --> heart-emoji, thumbs-up emoji, exploding head emoji…
- express that I support an idea someone is deliberating --> thumbs up, applause
- express surprise or happiness about some news I’m hearing --> celebration emoji
Would love to see this in jitsi too!