Editing Welcome Page Text

Hello. Very basic question. I am trying to edit the Welcome Page text. I have looked at other threads on here but none of them seem to be easy. All I want to do is edit the text on the Welcome page where it says “Jitsi Meet” and “Secure and High Quality Meetings.” I am not looking to change anything else. I found this text in app.bundle.min.js but when I edit the file and upload it again, is seems to crash my site. Can anyone explain to me how I can easily just change this text? I have also tried editing the main.json file in /lang.

Thanks

2021-02-07 00_11_37-Window

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps the easiest way to edit app.bundle.min.js is to do it via the command line. And be careful not to delete any characters outside of the double quotes.

[quote=“mblcote61 prepaidgiftbalance”]
Hello. Very basic question. I am trying to edit the Welcome Page text. I have looked at other threads on here but none of them seem to be easy. All I want to do is edit the text on the Welcome page where it says “Jitsi Meet” and “Secure and High Quality Meetings.” I am not looking to change anything else. I found this text in app.bundle.min.js but when I edit the file and upload it again, is seems to crash my site. Can anyone explain to me how I can easily just change this text? I have also tried editing the main.json file in /lang.

Thanks

2021-02-07 00_11_37-Window
[/quote]

You can edit the app bundle js file in the libs directory to change the Welcome page text.
This is what to do …
From your terminal type
nano /usr/share/jitsi-meet/libs/app.bundle.min.js
as a root or sudo user
Search for the content you want to replace.
You can just search for “Secure, fully” you will see it with other content as on the screen.
You do the same thing to change description in the same file by searching for something like “Go ahead” you will see other text.
Made your modification, save and preview in browser.
Note Chrome might still be showing the same thing as previous, so you will need to clear cache to see the change in chrome browser.

You can use a script with something like this:

sed -i ‘s/Secure and high quality meetings/Seguro, lleno de funcionalidades. Videoconferencias mediante JitSi/g’ /usr/share/jitsi-meet/libs/app.bundle.min.js

But you will have to re-run it at every jitsi update.

Changing that file didnt do anything in my case.

Did you clear the browser cache as suggested earlier?

This solution has worked for me, thank you very much.