Eb-buster error

Hello everyone, I had an error when installing JMS for this guide, thank you for your help.

eb-buster doesn't exist
lxc-stop: eb-buster: tools/lxc_stop.c: main: 191 eb-buster is not running
lxc-destroy: eb-buster: tools/lxc_destroy.c: main: 259 Container is not defined
Setting up the GPG keyring
ERROR: Unable to fetch GPG key from keyserver
lxc-create: eb-buster: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1617 Failed to create container from template
lxc-create: eb-buster: tools/lxc_create.c: main: 327 Failed to create container eb-buster

thanks for your help.

What versiĂłn o debĂ­an r u running ?

Debian 10 x64 in Digitalocean

Did u change the Kernel ?

The script runs flawlessly if you follow the prerequisites

No, I haven’t changed the kernel? it is necessary? And how could I do it if it is?

Yes its

At the end of the guide in the FAQ its the first question… also you need to have your DNS domain as requested in the manual.

I have followed the process as indicated in the guide, previously last month I installed the JMS on another server and this error did not happen, it is strange to me and also according to the forum the problem is no longer the installation process.

Agree is the Kernel version… Install the previous one

linux-image-4.19.0-16-amd64

How do I install the previous version?

https://jensd.be/968/linux/install-a-newer-kernel-in-debian-10-buster-stable

Follow the part where says … choose a particular version of the Kernel

Should be as easy like:

apt install linux-image-4.19.0-16-amd64

the same thing happens, install the version you advised me and the same error keeps happening

eb-buster doesn't exist
lxc-stop: eb-buster: tools/lxc_stop.c: main: 191 eb-buster is not running
lxc-destroy: eb-buster: tools/lxc_destroy.c: main: 259 Container is not defined
Setting up the GPG keyring
ERROR: Unable to fetch GPG key from keyserver
lxc-create: eb-buster: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1617 Failed to create container from template
lxc-create: eb-buster: tools/lxc_create.c: main: 327 Failed to create container eb-buster

Something went wrong. The installation couldn't be completed!

Do you need a cluster setup, with recording enabled?

Or simply want to install a jitsi meet ui server, without recording?

Simply, dont need recording.

Hm then not sure you are using the right script for that.

Until @emrah can help you with that, you may check if Jitsi-setup.sh works for you…

Hello @Camilo_Pimentel,

Your issue seems a temporary network problem which prevents to access to the GPG key server. But there is another issue nowadays which is caused by the latest kernel update. The related bug report has been already added to Debian bug tracking system. I think the patched kernel will be released in a few days.

Before this patch it’s not possible to install using this cluster script. If you only need a standalone Jitsi server, you can use @Prashanth’s script or you can check the standalone installers

I understand, hope that it can be solved soon, previously I have used your installer on several occasions and it has worked perfectly.

Hello @Camilo_Pimentel,

The fixed kernel (linux-image-4.19.0-17-amd64 version 4.19.194-2) released. Now you can use the installer again.

First switch to the new kernel and reboot before the installation

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
lxc-destroy -n eb-buster
reboot
2 Likes