Easiest way to secure jitsi meet

Where do I set this?

org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.DISABLE_AUTOLOGIN or org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.AUTH_LIFETIME

In /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties

thanks for the feedback

So I have to copy this full file save to the sip properties and set those features?

I have it sort of working-ish… Rooms can only be created by a admin :slight_smile:
Can some one please double check if I’m getting this right… or if I’m overdoing things.
I’m looking what’s need to be in DNS and what needs to be in the FrontEnd Certificate SSL
I’m using the example domain jitsi-meet.example.com but I’m aware that should be your own host&domain :slight_smile:

Given the manual: https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo/blob/master/README.md#secure-domain

First about the name: jitsi-meet.example.com:

1. DNS: The name base hostname (in the example used is “jitsi-meet.example.com”) must be resolvable from the DNS into a IP4 and/or IP6 address
  2. NGINX: The name is set in the server_name inside the file: /etc/nginx/sites-available/jitsi-meet.example.com.conf
  3. A certificate should be made for this domain with letsencrypt or your own certificate
  4. a entry at /etc/hosts

Now here comes the tricky one guest.jitsi-meet.example.com
q1. Do I need a DNS reference like a CNAME for guest.jitsi-meet.example.com ? (Looks like it)
q2. Do I need to add this domain to the SSL certificate of the NGINX front end ? (not sure)
q3. Do I need to add this to the NGINX server_name as a host alias (Don’t think so it works without)

Many thanks!.. (I might answer myself in a couple of days digging deeper into this :wink:

No.

No.

Guest domain is a virtual host, internal for the system.

1 Like

Hi,

Ive setup Jicofo according to teh instructions in https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo#secure-domain including securing the domain. However, when I visit my URL, I still get the full anonymous conference start screen without the username/password screen, I followed all the instructions but still the authentication part hasnt got activated … any ideas?

Make sure you erase all cookies or use an anonymous browser like the incognito window of Chrome. I noticed that the cookies will make you drop in the meeting room without any username/password once you’ve logged into the room.