E2EE with different implementation on different jitis-instances - and Firefox does not support all?

Hi,
are there different implementations of E2EE (end-to-end-encryption) in jitsi-instances?

For both of the following I am using Linux Mint 20.1 on the same machine:

• Firefox 87.0
  • Chromium 89.0.4389.114 for Linux Mint

My findings:

• using https://meet.jit.si/ (tested yesterday, 2021-April-13, don’t know where to find the jitsi-version?)

• in FF87 → security settings → E2EE option is not present.
      If I join a session with already activated E2EE I only see/here “encrypted noise” (so E2EE is working but FF could not decrypt it)
    • in Chromioum 89: I can enable and participate E2EE meetings without problems.
  • using another public instance with focus on security/privacy : https://meet.scheible.it

• in FF87 → security settings → E2EE option is also not present.
      BUT: E2EE it is enabled by default which I conclude from admin description and from the value “E2E RTT = 110ms” → E2E is activated, right?
    • in Chromioum 89: I can join the same meeting as startet with FF, also see the “E2E RTT =xx ms” but in security options → experimental E2EE is disabled.
      In Chromioum I can enable it but then FF participant can’t decrypt it anymore (is it then twice encrypted?).

So in principle my questions are:

• are there different possibilites to implement E2EE in a jitsi instance?
    • One from admin/server side using for all meetings by default
    • and one form user/client side manuall (and experimental)?
  • If this is correct - why Firefox can handle the first encryption method but not the second?
  • why at all Firefox cannot handle the experimental E2EE in meet.jit.si - what is the technical background?

Thanks for any clearance. In summary I find it too bad that experiences from jitsi on Firefox is that bad :frowning: (E2EE, but also low video quality/simulcast-problematic) and we have to use Chrome*ium :-/

Firefox does not support E2EE - it does not have support for insertable streams.

And what about the “burned-in” E2EE of the other instance? Is it another technique?

What is this?