dowload Jitsi Videobridge 404

When I use self hosting Guide - manual installation, when I install jitsi videobridge
wget https://download.jitsi.org/jitsi-videobridge/linux/jitsi-videobridge-linux-x64-1120.zip
Resolving download.jitsi.org (download.jitsi.org)… 52.88.166.130, 35.164.147.194
Connecting to download.jitsi.org (download.jitsi.org)|52.88.166.130|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 404 Not Found
2020-06-25 08:45:23 ERROR 404: Not Found.

open https://download.jitsi.org/jitsi-videobridge/ 404
How can I continue

This is to be expected by the manual installation guide as mentioned in the NOTICE on the top.
So jvb is now OS agnostic so these zips are kind of useless and while shuffling things around download.jitsi.org we had not moved that … we will discuss how to proceed.
You can download jvb code and compile it yourself. That archive is created with mvn package I think…
And that is so out-of-date that it uses old videobridge which is deprecated for months …
You better follow quick install do you are up-to-date, even if you are using a different OS, install it on a Debian based system so you have working updated example and then start moving configs and software on your OS … my two cents.

Thank you very much for your answer. If I need to modify the source code of jvb or videobridge, can quick install do this? In addition, if so, https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/devops-guide/devops-guide-manual Should the description of be updated to avoid similar problems for others

1 Like

After I use maven install to install:
I use the jvb.sh --host=localhost --domain= jitsi.example.com --When port = 5347 -- Secret = yoursecret1 &
the following error occurred during startup.

argument: apis
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.jitsi.videobridge.Main.main(Main.java:78)

Where is the document to start jitsi videobridge?

Hey how did you solved that because I am stuck with the same.
Please help

After compiling, i use the following parameters:

jvb.sh --secret=secret_for_jvb --domain=your_domain --host=localhost --port=5347 --apis=xmpp,rest  > /var/log/jvb.log 2>&1 

Values for the arguments after the ‘=’ sign, shouldn’t have spaces… and based on the message by daxiondi the apis parameter is missing. Hope that helps…

Please help me, i don’t see the link to download the source have jvb.sh to run

clone jvb
maven install

Hello, I am installing Jitsi Meet as custom installation.
I have cloned the videobridge source latest version and installed maven.
mvn install
Now I cannot find where I can run jvb or videobridge service.
The maven compile was successful.
Please help me.

Would be helpful to know which options did you use in order to compile with maven. If you use it as the docs say:
mvn compile exec:exec [your options]
then you are compiling and running your videobridge.
If you want to compile and get an executable and a package containing the jar and its dependencies, you should use

mvn package

For skipping tests and build from zero:

mvn package -DskipTests -Dassembly.skipAssembly=false

The last one wil generate a directory with its name including the word SNAPSHOT in the name or a targe directory (depends on some settings on the repo). Something like jitsi-videobridge-2.1-SNAPSHOT. Then you’ll need to enter the target directory and there you should find a .jar file and a .zip file. Usually the zip file contains everything you need to run the project. (in the case of the video bridge, you’ll find a file called jvb.sh) which you can execute directly (for testing purposes, if you need it to run in a testing/production enviroment, you need to provide some extra settings like server, hostname, your prosody password, port, etc)…

Are you using Ubuntu/Debian linux distritution? if that’s the case, i recommend that you install jitsi and its dependencies from their repositories, it’s pretty straightforward. If you’re installing in another linux distribution, you can use the docker packages, unless you want it to work the hard way.