Docker toolbar icons

I am trying to get all toolbar icon svg’s that are present here jitsi-meet/react/features/base/icons/svg at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub using docker.

I am able to get all images this way - $ docker cp docker-jitsi-meet-web-1:/usr/share/jitsi-meet/images web/customfiles/

But I am not able to get all icons - $ docker cp docker-jitsi-meet-web-1:/usr/share/jitsi-meet/react/features/base/icons/svg web/customfiles/svg

What am I doing wrong?

It says Error: No such container:path: docker-jitsi-meet-web-1:/usr/share/jitsi-meet/react/features/base/icons/svg

You won’t be able to copy icons out individually since they get bundled into the app js on build.

If you need to copy out the icon, find the commit hash matching the jitsi meet version when get the icons from git repo.

Thank you for your reply. Like I am able to change /images, I was looking for a way to change icons/svg too. What would your way be to change toolbar icons?

Sorry but how do I recompile it with a docker? Is there a tutorial for this?

I’ve never done this with docker so can’t provide steps. Sorry.

The following can guide you on how to rebuild Jitsi Meet, after which I guess you’ll have to either copy over the static asserts and/or rebuild a docker image with your customisations.

One of the posts in that topic mentions a blog post on how to dockerise a custom build, but I cannot comment on whether it is accurate or up to date.

@saifshk17 Here’s the thread: Dev Workflow Question: How to build a custom docker image of jitsi-meet (web) for use in our dockerized setup?

2 Likes