Displaying welcome notice information to new participants

Hi there,

I’m hoping to get some guidance on the best place or way to display additional messages to users when they first join a conference. I’ve contemplated adding the information to the Dial-in info screen, or to learn how to emit a message on first join, similar to how the “Moderator rights granted!” message is displayed to the first participant.

Because I’ve been down this road before and found that there are actually mechanisms in place already after trying to hack something in, I thought I’d start by asking here first.

It would also be totally acceptable (if there’s a way to accomplish this?) to direct users to a sort-of landing/splash page on load that can include a message, where users then need to read and click “Join now” or something before entering the room.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

1 Like

Hi, I’m a newbie to this forum and to Jitsi:
This could be a useful feature. I further would suggest adding a section where some text can be available for all to see; could be useful for putting minute meetings and certain hints for new users, like telling them to raise their hands if they want to talk, how to mute, etc. a whiteboard perhaps?