Display names on chat panel

Hello, guys!

I’ve installed the latest version of Jitsi Meet and followed this tutorial: [How To] How to enable websockets (xmpp-websocket) and smacks for Prosody, to enable websockets. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the fact that the display name on chat panel is reset after user leaves the room and returns.

I’m using the iframe API, so I set the display name before entering the room. The prejoinPageEnabled option is set to false and I need to keep it that way. I tried set it to true, but it had no effect.

If the user remais in the room the whole time, the display names on chat panel are correct, but if he leaves the room and returns a couple of seconds later, the display names are reset to ‘Fellow Jitser’ or whatever the custom string I set it to.

This problem only occurs on the chat panel. The other places in the conference where the display name needs to be shown, it is displayed correctly.

Nothing unusual is shown in the logs.

Versions:
jitsi-meet: 2.0.5390-3
jitsi-meet-prosody: 1.0.4628-1
jitsi-meet-tokens: 1.0.4628-1
jitsi-meet-turnserver: 1.0.4628-1
jitsi-meet-web: 1.0.4628-1
jitsi-meet-web-config: 1.0.4628-1
jitsi-videobridge2: 2.1-416-g2f43d1b4-1

Can someone point me in the right direction of what needs to be done to fix this?

Thank you.

This is expected behaviour, that feature of storing the display name was removed due to a security concern.

Ah, thanks, @damencho! I understand the security concerns, but is there a way to enable that feature back somewhere? I only ask because in my usecase, is very improtant that the display names are displayed correctly, even if the user reloads the page or leaves the room and returns after.

You can revert that change and use custom lib-jitsi-meet

Or maybe its jitsi-mee, I need to check when I get to the computer

Awesome, @damencho! Just point me to the right files/modules, when you’re able.

Thank you.

Perfect! I’ll give it a look. Thanks, man!